From: deeamon on
Hi all,

I know that this may not be a authorware question although I am working with
authorware SCOs. I was wondering if anybody new how to write a lms api that
authorware would detect when using the knowledge objects. I do not want to use
moodle asit has to many bugs and I'm just trying to come up with something
small and simple so I can test my authorware SCOs. I tried to down load the
scorm 1.2 api runtime but can't seem to find them on ADLs site and can't really
find any documentation on how to write a javascript api. And It is important
that I stick with Scorm 1.2 instead of 2004

Thanks Ahead of time.

Darrell:confused;

From: Mark Tomlinson on
It doesn't answer your question, but if you just want to test your SCOs:

http://www.reload.ac.uk/scormplayer.html

Mark

From: Erik *TMM* on
Writing an LMS API is a pretty significant task and well outside the
scope of this forum. It requires not only solid knowledge of some sort
of scripting language, like javascript, but also a detailed knowledge of
the SCORM spec overall.

I second Mark's suggestion of the Reload player for testing. Authorware
7 also comes with an LMS emulator, though it uses AICC instead of SCORM,
I believe.

If you are looking for a commercial LMS, I recommend you look into
Inquisiq (http://www.inquisiq.com). Or, if you want to develop your own
API, you may contact ICS Learning Group who created Inquisiq for
contractual help on such development.

Otherwise, good luck!
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: deeamon on
I tried the reload but once the scorm runs the first time and I exit out of the
authorware app form there on when I run reload and tell it to run my scorm
package it comes up with a javascript error and my authroware web page does not
find the api.

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
Integrity eLearning has a developer version where you can get 2 licenses to
use on a development machine for a reasonable price.

HTH;

Amy

"deeamon" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I should've addressed both subjects in the same reply.
>
> Whats strange about the reload app and the inquisiq lms is that in the
> reload
> app my SCO gives the javascript error after ran the first time, but when
> using
> the inquisiqs demo my piece runs find and pulls the data that was save
> using
> the LMSsend knowldge object.
>
> So I don't really know if my package is working correctly or not. But the
> inquisiq lms wors great for my SCO but its to ezpensive for me to use
> right
> now. My SCOs are for a client who doesn't have his LMS system running
> yet. He
> is going through sumtotal and I haven't been able to test my SCOs with
> there
> system. I can't seem to find a demo through them to use.
>
> Thanks Again guys
> Darrell
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3