From: captfbgnet on
I too had the same issue using Windows 7 with this particular office update.
The solution via MS technician is to install this update manually, but by
doing so, it will NOT show up in your windows update 'view installed
history.' The install will say 'completed' and you can use 'windows
eventviewer' or windows update.log to insure that it installed successfully.

1. using internet address bar, type in or copy
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx
2. in the Bing search bar @ top of screen, type in the exact kb number (in
this case kb976321); one result should show up
3. click on kb, then on download. After installing, the installer will say
it installed completely.
4. RE-boot and use windows update to check that no additional updates are
available. In this case, KB976321

Hope this helps someone.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Maybe you should begin a new thread about your specific problem and
computer? State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your
first post. Thank you.

Rob908 wrote:
> I'm having the same problem with the MS Office system updates released
> 5-11-10. The two security updates under KB976321 refuse to install and
> I've
> gone through all of the troubleshooting available. What gives with these
> two
> updates? It appears that they seem to be failing for a lot of people.
<snip hijacked thread>

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Huh?

From: fddc379 on
Go to the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and turn it off. You'll have
to restart your computer, then install the updates. Once installed, go back
to the Control Panel and turn the User Accounts back on. It has worked for me
every time an Office 2007 update has failed.