From: Bruins99 on
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321) fails to
update..I have windows 7, home premium..and office 2007 for students, sp2.
I have tried several tmes..keep getting code 646..Have tried all
troubleshooting as suggested but still will not install.
I do not have a disc for the ms office 2007 student edition, computer was
pre-loaded..
Any suggestions

--
Steveo
From: dmartin56 on
I am having the same program and cant figure it out either - any one can help
us would be nice.

Dawn

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next
installation attempt.

Tip: If no joy, see if you can download the "fullfile" version of the update
and install it manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=160ad53e-6475-4550-90c2-444e4abea730

Or you can...

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976321

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB976321).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Rob908 on
I'm having the same problem with the MS Office system updates released
5-11-10. The two security updates under KB976321 refuse to install and I've
gone through all of the troubleshooting available. What gives with these two
updates? It appears that they seem to be failing for a lot of people.

Thanks!
Rob

From: Beacon6 on

I, too, have had trouble solving. this is an indirect solution but it worked
- I use Bit Defender antivirus software. It is excellent . I went through it
to install the updates that failed using Windows Update (I have Vista) and it
workied.