From: johnlute on
Stefan,

> No, this should not be the problem.

Maybe not but all things seem to point to it! When I log into the
database as Admin then the OnChange Event fires properly. When a data
user (who has no permissions to design) logs into the database then
the OnChange Event doesn't fire properly. This is what's happening and
if it's not a permissions issue then I'm completely lost as to why it
behaves like this.

> I've used this function in *.mde's without problem:

My database is a .mdb and I'm not sure that what you've posted will
address the problem. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks!
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi John,

On 26.01.2010 19:30, johnlute wrote:
> Maybe not but all things seem to point to it! When I log into the
> database as Admin then the OnChange Event fires properly. When a data
> user (who has no permissions to design) logs into the database then
> the OnChange Event doesn't fire properly. This is what's happening and
> if it's not a permissions issue then I'm completely lost as to why it
> behaves like this.
Check the permissions of your data user...

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: johnlute on
Stefan,

> Check the permissions of your data user...

The user is a full data permissions user with no permissions to design.
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi John,

On 26.01.2010 21:59, johnlute wrote:
>> Check the permissions of your data user...
> The user is a full data permissions user with no permissions to design.
Okay, it's weird. Maybe your mdb file is corrupted. Try importing all
objects into a new database.

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: johnlute on
Stefan,

> Okay, it's weird.

Agreed!

> Maybe your mdb file is corrupted. Try importing all
> objects into a new database.

Actually, I just did that prior to this problem! I also just logged
into the database as a data user and on my PC and I'm having the EXACT
problems that they're having.

I don't think this is corruption, either. It's too consistent and
repeatable of a problem. From PC to PC the problem persists EXCEPT for
me as I'm an Admin with full permissions to everything.

I'm ready to throw in the towel...
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: acanywhere vs acentire