From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 11, 1:17 pm, Robert Higgins <robert_higgins...(a)hotmail.com> >
> Then why don't you use correct chemistry in your arguments? BTW, the
> branch of chemistry called "physical chemistry" is very heavily
> physics-based. (Curiously, there is also a field called "chemical
> physics", which is even more physics-based). You never answered > my questions as to "self-similarity".

Why not learn the basics of Discrete Scale Relativity, and then apply
some physical chemistry yourself.

Or at least see if your field of inquiry might have something to add
to the new paradigm.

Perhaps you can do much better than I can. After all, I am just one
person with a finite set of skills.

RLO
www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw
From: Thomas Heger on
Robert Higgins schrieb:
> On Jul 9, 1:04 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
> wrote:
>> On Jul 9, 2:00 am, Thomas Heger <ttt_...(a)web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I remember being not really happy with the explanations provided,
>>> because e.g. I could not understand why some materials have a specific
>>> color.
>>> So I think, chemists would be natural 'allies' for developing some new
>>> kind of model for the microcosm, because they could use it in they daily
>>> work.
>>
>> I basically agree. I think biologists and chemists are more more in
>> contact with the real world of nature than are the Platonic
>> theoretical physicists.
>
> Then why don't you use correct chemistry in your arguments? BTW, the
> branch of chemistry called "physical chemistry" is very heavily
> physics-based. (Curiously, there is also a field called "chemical
> physics", which is even more physics-based). You never answered my
> questions as to "self-similarity".

Chemistry belongs to natural sciences as physics does. The distinction
is kind of artificial and could be explained with a cannon:
the cannonball belongs to physics and the gun-powder to chemistry.

Chemistry gets easier, if we ignore mechanics and other stuff like
electrodynamics. But that isn't, what chemists really want. They want
good working models, that fit to the real world, what they could test in
e.g. pharmacy with the healing potential of a substance.

So these left out influences should be reintroduced to chemistry, what
makes chemistry more 'physical'.

Substances have now structure in space and structure in time, where the
first could be called form and the latter means resonances and how these
distribute. And we have good reason to assume, that both are important,
especially in pharmacy.

TH
From: Robert L. Oldershaw on

20th Century Platonic math: manifolds are continuous and
differentiable

21st Century Realistic math: manifolds are continuous, but NOT
differentiable.

Like all great paradigm shifts, the shift from the Substandard
Paradigm to Discrete Scale Relativity will require a fundamental
revision in our assumptions about the geometry of spacetime, which is
rigorously equivalent to the geometry of the physical objects
comprising nature's infinite discrete fractal hierarchy.

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/14/10 9:21 PM, Robert L. Oldershaw wrote:
> Like all great paradigm shifts, the shift from the Substandard
> Paradigm to Discrete Scale Relativity will require a fundamental
> revision in our assumptions about the geometry of spacetime, which is
> rigorously equivalent to the geometry of the physical objects
> comprising nature's infinite discrete fractal hierarchy.

Who's going to promote the idea if you don't, Oldershaw?
From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 15, 7:44 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/14/10 9:21 PM, Robert L. Oldershaw wrote:
>
> > Like all great paradigm shifts, the shift from the Substandard
> > Paradigm to Discrete Scale Relativity will require a fundamental
> > revision in our assumptions about the geometry of spacetime, which is
> > rigorously equivalent to the geometry of the physical objects
> > comprising nature's infinite discrete fractal hierarchy.
>
>    Who's going to promote the idea if you don't, Oldershaw?

The paradigm will promote itself, but it may take 1 year, or 10 years,
or 100 years, or... before it is "discovered" and becomes
"fashionable". This is a peculiarity of the collective behavior of
humans.