From: Thomas Heger on
Robert L. Oldershaw schrieb:
> On Jul 15, 7:44 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/14/10 9:21 PM, Robert L. Oldershaw wrote:
>>
>>> Like all great paradigm shifts, the shift from the Substandard
>>> Paradigm to Discrete Scale Relativity will require a fundamental
>>> revision in our assumptions about the geometry of spacetime, which is
>>> rigorously equivalent to the geometry of the physical objects
>>> comprising nature's infinite discrete fractal hierarchy.
>> Who's going to promote the idea if you don't, Oldershaw?
>
> The paradigm will promote itself, but it may take 1 year, or 10 years,
> or 100 years, or... before it is "discovered" and becomes
> "fashionable". This is a peculiarity of the collective behavior of
> humans.

Hi Robert

Distribution of knowledge follows an exponential law, usually. It can
stay hidden for ages, but if you see something new, it is already in the
'explosion phase'.
Anyhow..

I would like to write something about gravity and maybe you could do
something with it. It goes like this:
Question: Why do things drop?
Or what 'is' actually gravity.
Since I wanted to describe matter as kind of standing waves, I assume
something called 'bifurcation' to be relevant. That is like branching
and reuniting. This could be explained this way: take the left and the
right hand in front of you. Than put thumb and forefinger in right
angles. Now mimic a 'standing wave' by opening and closing the fingers
with some frequency.
Now put the hands in an angle to each other, by opening them a bit, than
the 'standing wave' would move towards you (down). This is a purely
geometric relation. (I hope you'd understand.)
So, according to this 'model', gravity is not caused by mass, but by
form, because the normals to the Earth point together (in downwards
direction). The mass only coincidentally has the same relation, because
it has an influence on the curvature of the Earth surface.

TH
From: Thomas Heger on
Thomas Heger schrieb:
> Robert L. Oldershaw schrieb:

>>> Who's going to promote the idea if you don't, Oldershaw?
>>
>> The paradigm will promote itself, but it may take 1 year, or 10 years,
>> or 100 years, or... before it is "discovered" and becomes
>> "fashionable". This is a peculiarity of the collective behavior of
>> humans.
>>

> Hi Robert
>
> Distribution of knowledge follows an exponential law, usually. It can
> stay hidden for ages, but if you see something new, it is already in the
> 'explosion phase'.
> Anyhow..
>
> I would like to write something about gravity and maybe you could do
> something with it. It goes like this:
> Question: Why do things drop?
> Or what 'is' actually gravity.
> Since I wanted to describe matter as kind of standing waves, I assume
> something called 'bifurcation' to be relevant. That is like branching
> and reuniting. This could be explained this way: take the left and the
> right hand in front of you. Than put thumb and forefinger in right
> angles. Now mimic a 'standing wave' by opening and closing the fingers
> with some frequency.
> Now put the hands in an angle to each other, by opening them a bit, than
> the 'standing wave' would move towards you (down). This is a purely
> geometric relation. (I hope you'd understand.)
> So, according to this 'model', gravity is not caused by mass, but by
> form, because the normals to the Earth point together (in downwards
> direction). The mass only coincidentally has the same relation, because
> it has an influence on the curvature of the Earth surface.

Oops
this is of course wrong, the influence of mass is different.
Imagine the normals to be kind of elastic rods and a piece of matter to
be a ring with a number of rods going through. Than the curvature pulls
the rods apart and the ring down, while the ring is elastically
deformed, too. Than the strength of the rods 'battles' the strength of
the ring. Maybe the mass has actually a cubic influence on the strength,
but decreasing(!) curvature with higher mass lowers this to a quadratic
relation.

Higher curvature of smaller structures, would increase the force - as
you assume.

Something like that, only in very rough terms..

Greetings

TH