From: Danny Krychek on
"Joy" <joymp2(a)nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

>Thank you one and all. I may need someone (locally) to show me if/how I can
>hook up a phone line to my old (in the computer) modem in order to send a
>fax (and, I assume, bypass the dsl modem temporarily).

There SHOULD be a connector on your computer for a standard phone
line. If there isn't, then your computer doesn't have a modem (hard
to imagine).

You only need to plug a standard flat phone cord into that, and then
into an adapter on the DSL filter that will allow you to share that
connection with the stand alone fax machine.

The adapter is pictured here (2-way/3-way).

http://www.harriscomm.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2226

Buy one locally for about a dollar.

From: Joy on
Yes, I have one (or more) of those (2-way), but I don't have a stand alone
fax machine; I was trying to use the fax capability in Windows XP.

From: Ron Badour on
Try using your favorite search engine and you will find lots of traffic on
this issue. For example:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/docid/199822114730
http://james.crompton.eu/unBlog/faxfix.html

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP
Windows Desktop Experience

From: ANONYMOUS on
You need to get a doubler that allows you to connect a fax/modem cable as
well as DSL cable. This then allows you to send faxes as well as use
internet via your dsl line! Your DSL modem must have come with a doubler.

hth