From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604(a)uwe> wrote in message

> also you may want to check your port that email sends out on. If it is 25,
> you may want to change it to 587.

Except that AT&T explicitly says to use port 465 with SSL in the documentation
I have.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: James D. Weiner on
The account type is POP3

The incoming mail server is: pop.att.yahoo.com
The outgoing mail server (smtp) is: smtp.att.yahoo.com

Remember password is checked
Require logon using SPA is unchecked

Outgoing server requires authentification is checked
Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected

Connect using my LAN is selected

Incoming server (POP3) is set to 995
Server requires encrypted connection (SSL) is selected
Outgoing server (smtp) is set to 465

Those are my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> The account type is POP3
>
> The incoming mail server is: pop.att.yahoo.com
> The outgoing mail server (smtp) is: smtp.att.yahoo.com
>
> Remember password is checked
> Require logon using SPA is unchecked
>
> Outgoing server requires authentification is checked
> Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected
>
> Connect using my LAN is selected
>
> Incoming server (POP3) is set to 995
> Server requires encrypted connection (SSL) is selected
> Outgoing server (smtp) is set to 465

How about the SSL setting for port 465?

Open a command prompt window and enter

telnet smtp.att.yahoo.com 485

What do you see?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: James D. Weiner on
I get the following message:

telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

This is entering the command from c:\Users\JSWeiner> prompt. I don't know
how to get back to the root or I don't know if that makes any difference.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I get the following message:
>
> telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> This is entering the command from c:\Users\JSWeiner> prompt. I don't know
> how to get back to the root or I don't know if that makes any difference.

It won't make a difference what the current path is. You must be using
Windows Vista or 7 and forgot to mention it. Telnet isn't installed by
default like it was in Windows XP. See
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Telnet-frequently-asked-questions
http://www.blogsdna.com/4052/how-to-install-microsoft-telnet-client-on-windows-7.htm
--