From: James D. Weiner on
I am using Windows 7. After installing Telnet and entering the command, I
get the following message:

Could not open connection to the host, on port 485: Connect failed

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I am using Windows 7. After installing Telnet and entering the command, I
> get the following message:
>
> Could not open connection to the host, on port 485: Connect failed

Then you have a non-Outlook networking problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: James D. Weiner on
So is it a Windows 7 problem or an at&t problem, or something else
altogether. Where do I go next?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> So is it a Windows 7 problem or an at&t problem, or something else
> altogether. Where do I go next?

I'd start by asking in a Windows networking forum like
<http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/threads>,
including in the post the fact that you can't telnet to the server. Do other
networking functions behave properly? If so, include that information as
well. If web browsing, for example, works but Outlook (and your telnet)
doesn't, I'd suspect the firewall. Have you tried turning it off while you
test?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]