From: Bill Grant on

"Robert Comer" <bobcomer-removeme-(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>You're right of course. I think the problem is probably Server Core in the
>>vm. Clicking on the "Install Integration Components" will mount the iso in
>>the guest, but I am not sure that Core knows what to do with it.
>
> I don't think it has anything like autorun on core, so you'd have to start
> it manually, but I could be mistaken. There's no synthetic NIC in WVPC so
> the integration components wont help with any networking problem.
>
>> Have you ever tried this? I gave up on Core during the beta! I can't
>> cope without the GUI.
>
> Nope, never tried it. The closest I've been was running the free hyper-V
> Server for a bit. I much prefer a GUI myself!
>
> --
> Bob Comer

Just a thought. It could be a UAC problem. Are you running as
administrator, Dave? Core can't send you a message to elevate!

From: Bill Grant on

"Bill Grant" <not.available(a)online> wrote in message

> "Robert Comer" <bobcomer-removeme-(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>>You're right of course. I think the problem is probably Server Core in
>>>the vm. Clicking on the "Install Integration Components" will mount the
>>>iso in the guest, but I am not sure that Core knows what to do with it.
>>
>> I don't think it has anything like autorun on core, so you'd have to
>> start it manually, but I could be mistaken. There's no synthetic NIC in
>> WVPC so the integration components wont help with any networking problem.
>>
>>> Have you ever tried this? I gave up on Core during the beta! I can't
>>> cope without the GUI.
>>
>> Nope, never tried it. The closest I've been was running the free hyper-V
>> Server for a bit. I much prefer a GUI myself!
>>
>> --
>> Bob Comer
>>
> Just a thought. It could be a UAC problem. Are you running as
> administrator, Dave? Core can't send you a message to elevate!

I had a bit of time to spare so I had a look at this. Yes, you have to
switch to the CD drive and run setup.exe. When you start the install of the
integration components it clearly spells out what OSs are supported. They
are XP SP3, Vista SP1 and Windows 7. No Server OS. I guess that is why it
rolls back in Server 2008.

From: Robert Comer on
> I had a bit of time to spare so I had a look at this. Yes, you have to
> switch to the CD drive and run setup.exe. When you start the install of
> the integration components it clearly spells out what OSs are supported.
> They are XP SP3, Vista SP1 and Windows 7. No Server OS. I guess that is
> why it rolls back in Server 2008.

Makes sense -- I wonder if the VPC2007 additions would install, that would
at least give you time sync and mouse integration.

--
Bob Comer

From: Bill Grant on

>> I had a bit of time to spare so I had a look at this. Yes, you have to
>> switch to the CD drive and run setup.exe. When you start the install of
>> the integration components it clearly spells out what OSs are supported.
>> They are XP SP3, Vista SP1 and Windows 7. No Server OS. I guess that is
>> why it rolls back in Server 2008.
>
> Makes sense -- I wonder if the VPC2007 additions would install, that would
> at least give you time sync and mouse integration.
>
> --
> Bob Comer

It is definitely something odd in Server Core. I installed a full version
of 2008 alongside using the same parameters and the ICs installed fine. On
Server Core they try to install then roll back and exit.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Opening webpage in virtual pc
Next: Expand a vhd