From: LeoBon on
Hello

Our SBS2003 fileserver recently crashed due to a faulty RAID controller. When
this was replaced, there were AD issues, and I was forced to perform a
restore of the system state.

Everything works fine except for the Backup Application in Server Management.
I receive the following screen when I access the Backup:

Server Error in '/Backup' Application.

File or assembly name System.Web.RegularExpressions, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
System.Web.RegularExpressions, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'System.Web.RegularExpressions' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System.Web.RegularExpressions, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/Backup
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\
Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: System.Web.RegularExpressions, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/Backup/bin/System.Web.
RegularExpressions.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/Backup/bin/System.Web.
RegularExpressions/System.Web.RegularExpressions.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/Backup/bin/System.Web.
RegularExpressions.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/Backup/bin/System.Web.
RegularExpressions/System.Web.RegularExpressions.EXE.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name System.Web.RegularExpressions,
or one of its dependencies, was not found.]
System.Web.UI.BaseParser..cctor() +0

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "System.Web.UI.
BaseParser" threw an exception.]
System.Web.UI.BaseParser.set_CurrentVirtualPath(String value) +0
System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +132
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context)
+43
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
context) +170
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

I have found some reference to this problem, including MS article 823379; but
cannot solve this issue.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

Leo

From: David Copeland [MSFT] on
LeoBon,

Based on

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name System.Web.RegularExpressions,
> or one of its dependencies, was not found.]

Check to see if you have the file System.Web.RegularExpressions in the
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
directory.. If so, then check the permissions on it and make sure that the
Network Service has at least Read/Execute permissions.

--

Hope that helps,
David Copeland

Newsgroups:
SBS v4.x : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

From: LeoBon via WinServerKB.com on
Hi

I checked and the file does exist. The security for Network Service is
Read/Execute, Read; inherited from the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.
1.4322 directory.

Leo

From: David Copeland [MSFT] on
Leo,

Then you might try using either procmon or filemon to see if maybe one of
the dependencies is either missing or is getting an access denied error.

--

Newsgroups:

From: LeoBon via WinServerKB.com on
Thank you David

you indirectly solved the problem for me.

I tried to run procmon, and received the message that procmon requires SP1 on
2003.

I then realised that after I repaired the windows installation , I had to re-
apply the Service Pack.

This fixed the error.

Thanks again!

Leo

David Copeland [MSFT] wrote:
>Leo,
>
>Then you might try using either procmon or filemon to see if maybe one of
>the dependencies is either missing or is getting an access denied error.
>
>> Hi
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

Pages: 1
Prev: Event 27745 Error