From: Amnon Feiner on
I read quite a few posts suggesting that you set your source to Packman,
since they have better updates which Novell lack of. Is it true? And if so,
how exactly is it done? I currently point to a local dir for the
installation source.

TIA
--
Amnon Feiner
http://www.woodcontour.com
From: mst on
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:19:42 GMT Amnon Feiner <none(a)none.com> wrote:

> I read quite a few posts suggesting that you set your source to
> Packman, since they have better updates which Novell lack of. Is it
> true?

Depends what you need

http://www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

--
remove MYSHOES to email
From: Vance on
Amnon Feiner wrote:
> I read quite a few posts suggesting that you set your source to Packman,
> since they have better updates which Novell lack of. Is it true? And if so,
> how exactly is it done? I currently point to a local dir for the
> installation source.
>
> TIA

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/
You can go here. It will tell you about adding Packman sources as well
as others.
From: houghi on
mst wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:19:42 GMT Amnon Feiner <none(a)none.com> wrote:
>
>> I read quite a few posts suggesting that you set your source to
>> Packman, since they have better updates which Novell lack of. Is it
>> true?
>
> Depends what you need

It does not so much have better updates as it has things that are not
available on the official installation sources. Strangely it still
misses the MPlayer plugin. No idea why as Packman knows it is missing.

> http://www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Finally somebody who posted this URL. I was already wondering why nobody
ever did and I myself am too lazy to do it. ;-)
--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
From: Vahis on
houghi wrote:

> Strangely it still
> misses the MPlayer plugin. No idea why as Packman knows it is missing.

I have been wondering that, too.
This one is my second 10.0 and I haven't got that.
I'm sure I had it already, but on this new one I must have used
different repos which do not have it?

--
Vahis
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: wlan problem
Next: SuSE Linux 6.4 - Where to download