From: Stefan on
Hi

I'm looking for a place to download the old SuSE Linux 6.4
distribution. Suse itself doesn't provide ftp download for that old a
version anymore.

Thanks
Stefan

From: piperut on
Stefan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a place to download the old SuSE Linux 6.4
> distribution. Suse itself doesn't provide ftp download for that old a
> version anymore.
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Why do you want 6.4?

I don't have anything that old around. I may have a copy of 7.0 or 7.1
around someplace. I may not, I might have thrown it out by now.

roland

From: Henk Oegema on

"Stefan" <news(a)stefan-strobl.de> schreef in bericht
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a place to download the old SuSE Linux 6.4
> distribution. Suse itself doesn't provide ftp download for that old a
> version anymore.
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

I still can get a copy of SuSE Linux 7.3 from our local library.

Henk

From: Rikishi 42 on
Stefan wrote:

> I'm looking for a place to download the old SuSE Linux 6.4
> distribution. Suse itself doesn't provide ftp download for that old a
> version anymore.
I still have the original CD's. (6 CD's and 2 floppy's)

If you can't find an existing DL solution, contact me.

BTW: why DO you need the old a version.

PS: I think I might find 6.2, if I search long enough. :-)

--
Flying is easy, just throw yourself at the ground and miss.
(Douglas Adams)

From: Stefan on
Thanks

Do you think you can put an iso image of the first CD for download
somewhere?
That would be really great. Didn't find it anywhere else.

No, it _has_ to be 6.4. This is the only version that comes (by
default) with XFree86 3.3.6 and I've great trouble getting 3.3.6
running on my machine. Something seems to be wrong with my
configuration file but running xf86config doesn't solve that. The thing
is that, so far, all standard-installations worked out well for me, so
I was hoping to get it run through a standard 6.4 installation...

I could offer you 6.1 in turn :)

Thx
Stefan