From: "WenJun Zhang[msft]" on
Hi SAL,

For the second scenario mentioned by Ken, actually IIS6 doesn't involve
such kind of *proxy* functionality as well. Generally we need a reverse
proxy like ISA to do the job. However IIS7 incudes a new feature called
Application Request Routing(ARR) which allows IIS7 acts as an application
proxy to forward http requests to background servers/services. Please refer
to the following link about where to get this feature and how ARR works in
detail.

Application Request Routing
http://www.iis.net/download/applicationrequestrouting

Thanks.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.