From: Yousuf Khan on
I've experienced 3 different BSOD's in the last week. I've started using
the Microsoft Windbg debugger to trace through them. I'm also using a
3rd party utility called BlueScreenView in addition to Windbg for
analysis. Each crash has a different Stop code number, but so far they
all seem to have a common origin in the NTOSKRNL.EXE installed with
Windows XP SP3. Meanwhile, HAL.DLL is involved with 2 of the 3 crashes
so far.

The first BSOD occurred on Dec 29th, 2009 and the most recent occurred
last night, Jan 6th, 2010. There were some previous BSOD's even before
that, but I didn't have the save kernel dump feature turned on, so I
missed those early ones.

Question is should I roll back to an earlier version of NTOSKRNL, and if
so which patch was it installed with?

Yousuf Khan

***
The following are the summaries of each mini-dump:

(1) 31/12/2009 9:27:06 PM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x10000050
Parameter 1 : 0x8b55ffaf
Parameter 2 : 0x00000000
Parameter 3 : 0x804f1b2c
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+2aa8
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Stack:
hal.dll+2aa8
ntoskrnl.exe+1db2c

(2) 02/01/2010 9:49:05 PM