From: Jason Price <Jason on
during the conversion, I received this error.

Failed to register SharePoint services.
An exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was thrown.
Additional exception information: The Indexer property in the
MSSConfiguration table is not set to the name of this machine.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0041229): The Indexer
property in the MSSConfiguration table is not set to the name of this
machine.
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.MSSITLB.IGatherApplications2.Mount(String bstrName)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.ProvisionGathererApplication()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Synchronize(Boolean installGathererApplication)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInstanceInConfigDB(Boolean
provisionTheServiceInstanceToo, String serviceInstanceRegistryKeyName, Object
sharepointServiceObject)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInstances(Boolean
provisionTheServiceInstancesToo, String serviceRegistryKeyName, Object
sharepointServiceObject)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServices(Boolean provisionTheServicesToo)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.Run()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()
From: Steve Smith on
You need yo be posting these questions on the beta testing newsgroup as the
product team will probably want you to send them the steup log files in case
it is a bug. Remeber we are only Beta2 here , don't expect a polished
product like you get at RTM.
the newsgroup is here
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/community/community.mspx

Steve Smith
www.combined-knowledge.com

From: LaRoux on
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/community/community.mspx

This link just leads back to here.

--
Harold

From: Steve Smith on
Your right , thats funny. On earlier posts the MS guys were asking people to
go there. I didn't realise it looped back here.

Steve Smith
www.combined-knowledge.com

From: Dan Marth on
There are some "beta" forums here but I don't think there are any news
groups.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=155&SiteID=17

Thanks,
Dan