First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Using sed for multiline matching
Ok, I give up. How do you use sed to do a multiline search given a regular expression? I don't want to replace anything, just do a search, much like grep. However, I'm to understand that grep only searches one line at a time. Thanks, - Dave ... 15 Dec 2009 18:56
Use of 'set'
I was looking back at the thread: "getting time since epoch using shell commands? (Bourne Shell)" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/browse_thread/thread/121344445ef2c75a/e4903a12920f4c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=seconds+since+epoch+comp.unix.shell and in particular this post http://groups.google.com/group/... 14 Dec 2009 21:03
read in bash script in a loop
houghi wrote: I am trying to do the following in bash and don't even know if it is possible: Do something if the 'Y' is pressed. However if any other key is pressed or if no key is pressed for 5 seconds. The first part is pretty easy with a simple read. However I have no idea where to start ... 11 Dec 2009 12:28
unix WHO command
I'm running the WHO command on an AIX system, interrogating the /etc/ security/failedlogin file. The time being displayed does not include the YEAR. Since this is a cumulative file, YEAR would be really helpful. How can I format the time to display the YEAR? ... 9 Dec 2009 17:46
unable to open files
Hi All, I am using RedHat linux 4.5. I am unable to login and not able to open files from single user mode i am getting the below message the saying that "/bin/vi : cannot allocate memory" when i open files. Kindly help me with a solution. It is a very critical database server. Regards, Lakshman ... 11 Dec 2009 14:43
manually flush stdout pipe?
hi I have encountered a strange problem. I am writing a pascal (Lazarus) GUI program to communicate with a C++ command line tool. In the C++ tool, it prints out various informations (with fprintf(stdout, ....) ) during the execution, and I was trying to capture it in the GUI. Strangely, I found that my GUI onl... 8 Dec 2009 23:03
The regex to capture IPv4 addresses from a file by using (e)grep.
Hi all, I want to obtain all of the IPv4 addresses from a file by using (e)grep. What regex should I use to do this thing? Thanks in adavance. -- ..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :. ... 15 Dec 2009 01:24
mark patch conflicts/rejects as diff3 does it
Hello I was wondering if there is a way to mark conflicts right in the file a patch is applied to. Currently I 'only' get a .rej file from patch that contains the hunks that couldn't be applied. I think at least for some of those rejected hunks it should be possible to mark them in the file similar to the way di... 7 Dec 2009 18:29
09-uggmax
Only Wear the Very Best - UGG BOOTS Australia There are lots of Ugg Boot brands - Why Wear UGG Australia? UGG Australia are the authentic UGG Boots that the celebrities wear and have become so popular that the phrase 'Ugg Boots' has become synonymous with the brand. Besides that there are many specific reasons... 7 Dec 2009 02:00
why string should be preceded by $
The output is 4. While IFS='\n', the output is 1. It is obvious that `var' is expanded as four string in the first case, while it is expanded as a single string in the second case. The point is that IFS has different meaning in the two cases. Is there any explanation? #!/bin/bash var='a b c d' IFS=$'\n' ... 5 Dec 2009 15:09