From: David on
I have an application that I want to install on a terminal server to
publish, but I am having difficulties. The scenario follows
as below.

The application is dependant on an Oracle install. What I am doing is
installing the Oracle client first then I load the program. Then to
print Crystal reports, I just map a network drive to the location where
these premade Crystal reports reside. This works just fine and dandy
on all my workstations. So, I tried to load this on a Citrix Server to
publish this out, and all of the sudden when I go to run a report, I get an
error that says Show Harvest Report 20532: Cannot find database dll. My
first inclination was that the Server had a newer version of Crystal reports
than the one that is in the runtime of the client program.

So I decided to do it this way. Using VMWARE, I made up a new server2003
machine and loaded the application and it worked just fine. Then I
took another new machine and this time I put terminal services on it and
then loaded the application and this time I got that same error (20532). So
it
would appear that it doesn't like Terminal Server. I did put the server in
install mode when I loaded the application and oracle client and promptly
put it in execute mode afterwards. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am
crossposting this to various groups. I hope nobody minds.

From: David on
Nobody has a clue about this?

From: David on
I ran a tool called Dependency walker against my program and there was a
problem
with 3 dlls which I downloaded and registered the first two, but the third
one gdiplus.dll
which I got from Microsoft, said that it was loaded but could not be
registered. I am still having
issues with this. Any help would be appreciated.

From: David on
I have now tried this program on server2008 with TS and server2k with TS.
They are all having the
same issue.... It has no problem with server2008 or server2k. It is only
after TS gets loaded that this issue
starts happening. Any help would be appreciated.