From: Bernhard Mayer on
Dear fellow VO'ers!

If ShowCaret(<Handle of SLE>) fails and GetLastError() returns 5 (Which is
normally an "Access denied" error): Can anyone tell me what this means in
this context? The control definitely has the focus, ShowCaret() is called by
a derived SingleLineEdit:MouseButtonUp() or SingleLineEdit:FocusChange()
whereas FocusChangeEvent:GotFocus is true.

Hope that someone can help me.

BR
Bernhard

From: Geoff Schaller on
Can you show us the code please?

From: Bernhard Mayer on
Meanwhile I found out why this happened; it was due to focussing the first
SLE on a tab control which had the WS_DISABLED style undone immediately
before.

I can now work around the effect by doing some PostMessage() with
WM_NextDlgCtl after oSLE:SetFocus() but does anyone know how to do something
like sending a "delayed" SetFocus message to a control via PostMessage()?

From: Geoff Schaller on
Bernhard.

There is no such thing. PostMessage() sends the message immediately and
only returns when complete. SendMessage() simply places the message into
the queue. But both still only with a queue and don't really offer
'delays' as such.

It is the sequence of messages that is important.

Geoff

From: Stephen Quinn on
Geoff

> There is no such thing. PostMessage() sends the message immediately and
> only returns when complete. SendMessage() simply places the message into
> the queue.

Thats backwards I think
Postmessage() sends to the queue and returns without waiting for a
result
SendMessage() sends to the queue (or is it to the control?) and waits
for a result.

CYA
Steve