From: Bill Tillick on
I am now using VO2.8 and more recently have added bBrowser3.
Having just spent more than 2 days trying to resolve a problem by
searching this Forum and bBrowser Help, I now think I am overdue to
post my problem here?

I have an SQL Server attached to an MS Access database (*.mdb).
I have a datawindow (Product2List) with a bBrowser control that
happily displays the contents of the database, as expected.
I have pushbuttons on the DW for Add, Edit, and Delete that pop up a
DataDialog to allow the user to make amendments etc, except that the
Add popup fails on bBrowser:append() statement. The message is "BOUND
ERROR, Subsystem: BASE, Function: ARRAYGET, Argument: 6"

This program has all been working well with the old VO Browser, and I
am in the process of converting over to bBrowser to take advantage of
some added features.

--------------------------------------
METHOD NewProduct2PB( ) CLASS Product2List // Product2List is the
DW containing the bBrowse
LOCAL oProduct2DW AS Product2Display // Product2Display is the
pop up DD
self:oDCbBrowse:append() // always FAILS on this statement or
other appends, as below.

self:oDCbBrowse:refresh() // I am not sure how many of these 3
statements I actually need???
self:oDCbBrowse:Edit() //
self:oDCbBrowse:redraw() //

oProduct2DW := Product2Display{SELF}
oProduct2DW:show()
RETURN SELF

I have also tried self:server:append() and
self:oDCbBrowse:server:append() in place of the above
self:oDCbBrowse:append(), but still the same error.

I may be missing something simple, but am a loss as where else to
look.
Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

From: Willie Moore on
Bill,

How are you opening the database (ie what cursor type are you using).
Are you using the VO2ADO ADOServer or the VO SQL classes?

Regards,
Willie

signature database 5181 (20100608) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Geoff Schaller on
Access! Yuk! <g>

We'll need to know a lot more about how you're connecting, the type of
connection and whether update and insert is even allowed by what you
have done.

Why access? Are you forced to use it?

Geoff

From: Bill Tillick on
Hi Willie,
I am using VO SQL CLasses.
I thought about it overnight and this morning discovered that I had
messed up my server allocations in the hierarchy of Product2List Data
Window, the bBrowser and the Product2Display window. Fixed that and
have now have the windows appearing as expected without error
messages.

Now just have to sort out the record numbers, so that the correct
records show in the Product2Display - always showing the first record
at the moment.

Thanks for your interest.
Bill
From: Bill Tillick on
Hi Geoff,
The database is linked to a web site operated by friends and the site
has lots of .asp code that operates on the database, so attempting to
change the database type is not something I want to tackle!! So Yes, I
am sort of forced to use Access.

Update, insert and delete have been working fine using VO Browser. I
suspect that my newness to using bBrowser is causing some of my
hiccups. My problem had to be caused by something I did or didn't do,
as there were no references to such an append() problem in this
excellent Forum.

I guess I will be back searching the Forum again soon, to isolate the
record number issue as mentioned in my reply to Willie.

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. I continue to be amazed at how prolific and helpful you (and a
few others) are with your replies to Forum questions. Wonderful that
we are able to tap into such a vast store of knowledge. Many thanks to
all.