From: RichA on
On May 29, 1:02 pm, "David J. Littleboy" <davi...(a)gol.com> wrote:
> "SMS" <scharf.ste...(a)geemail.com> wrote in message

> > On 29/05/10 7:24 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
> >> On Thu, 27 May 2010 16:04:02 -0700, SMS<scharf.ste...(a)geemail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >> : On 27/05/10 2:11 PM, RichA wrote:
> >> :>
> >> :>  Sigma's SD15 DSLR hit by further delay
> >> :>  Thursday 27th May 2010
> >> :>
> >> :>  Sigma has once again delayed the launch of its long-awaited SD15
> >> DSLR,
> >> :
> >> : Who's waiting for it?
>
> >> Why *does* Sigma stay in the camera business? They seem to have largely
> >> lived
> >> down the quality problems that once plagued their line of lenses. Some of
> >> them
> >> are now highly regarded. Wouldn't it be more profitable to just
> >> concentrate on
> >> lenses from now on? Tamron and Tokina don't bother dabbling in the camera
> >> market, do they?
>
> > Maybe there's a reason for what they do that goes beyond what anyone here
> > can understand. I.e. maybe Japan's tax code has some loophole for camera
> > manufacturers that does not extend to lens manufacturers.
>
> I doubt that. I suspect that Sigma thinks they need to be in the camera
> business for bragging rights to not being just a lens mfr., presumably a
> mindset left over from the film days. I liked their film cameras: solidly
> built, sensible feature sets. They seemed a lot better than the low-end
> Canons and Nikons at similar prices. Of course, neither I nor anyone else
> ever bought a Sigma film camera...
>
> --
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

Of course we know those low-end Canons and Nikons were built not by
Canon or Nikon but by outfits like Cosina.
From: anonymous on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Sigma's SD15 DSLR hit by further delay
> Thursday 27th May 2010
>
> Sigma has once again delayed the launch of its long-awaited SD15 DSLR,
> Amateur Photographer understands.

I guess it's hard to sell a 4.5 megapixel DSLR that has no live-view and no
video mode.

From: nospam on
In article <htsa9n$2vk$1(a)ottawanews.eternal-september.org>, anonymous
<none(a)here.invalid> wrote:

> > Sigma has once again delayed the launch of its long-awaited SD15 DSLR,
> > Amateur Photographer understands.
>
> I guess it's hard to sell a 4.5 megapixel DSLR that has no live-view and no
> video mode.

and one that can only use sigma lenses in sigma's own mount.

when sigma stops making slrs, those lenses will be worthless. however,
they can be converted to a canon ef mount by changing the base plate
(sigma stole canon's electrical protocol), so with a little effort,
canon users could get some cheap glass, cheap.
From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<ab1ef8e3-c203-4adb-b33e-655f9b5d1d8a(a)f14g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Sigma's SD15 DSLR hit by further delay
> Thursday 27th May 2010
>
> Sigma has once again delayed the launch of its long-awaited SD15 DSLR,
> Amateur Photographer understands.

What loser is awaiting this POS?
From: Mr. Strat on
<none(a)here.invalid> wrote:

> I guess it's hard to sell a 4.5 megapixel DSLR that has no live-view and no
> video mode.

Don't forger the crappy colors.