From: Bruce on
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:43:16 -0600, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
>manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
>because of the potential for advertising down the road.

Almost every item tested by DPReview is also offered by Amazon.

Amazon owns DPReview.

So even if a particular manufacturer doesn't advertise on the DPReview
site, there is a very powerful incentive for DPReview to avoid being
too critical in order not to hurt Amazon's sales figures.

It is also worth pointing out that the profit margin on Stigma lenses
is much higher than the margin on camera brand glass. Often, the
result a higher net profit for the photo store when selling a Stigma
lens, even though the final selling price is lower.

From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<8ec2ad78-6bb6-4cfe-9722-a5780237bc45(a)y12g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> For instance, Popular Photography basically said...

OK, that explains a lot.
From: Ray Fischer on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:43:16 -0600, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
>>manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
>>because of the potential for advertising down the road.
>
>Almost every item tested by DPReview is also offered by Amazon.

So what? Amazon carries tens of thousands of products.

>Amazon owns DPReview.

So what?

>So even if a particular manufacturer doesn't advertise on the DPReview
>site, there is a very powerful incentive for DPReview to avoid being
>too critical in order not to hurt Amazon's sales figures.

That's just stupid.

1) It would also hurt Amazon's competitors
2) Since Amazon carries a wide variety of products then if one product
is panned people can by another one instead, also from Amazon.

Next time try to think it through first before resorting to knee-jerk
conspiracy nonsense.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 2, 1:22�pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:43:16 -0600, Rich <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. �It's just them selling glass for a
>> >manufacturer. �Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
>> >because of the potential for advertising down the road.
>>
>> Almost every item tested by DPReview is also offered by Amazon.
>>
>> Amazon owns DPReview. �
>>
>They were whores even before Amazon.

Rich hates everyone.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>For instance, Popular Photography basically said the Nikon D3s had
>unacceptable noise beyond 6400 ISO. Based on what I've seen, I'd say,
>yes. 100,000+ ISO? Ridiculous, I don't care what camera it is.
>Then, Amateur Photographer magazine tests it and doesn't say anything
>of the kind. This is what happens where there are no standards.
>Lastly, you have the double-standards. A Pentax K7 pushed to 12,800
>ISO probably has similar noise as the Nikon D3s at 51,200, but in most
>cases, the testers would fail the Pentax while passing the Nikon.
>This is a typical double-standard applied whenever one of the "big
>two" is tested.

But those people with brains and less hate can read detailed reveiews
and see for themselves how noisy the cameras are. In fact, dpreview
pointed out that the Penta was a lot noiser that Canon & Nikon.

>We need absolute cut off lines for cameras and lenses. Noise is not
>acceptable at this level:

You really are a closet fascist, aren't you?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net