From: Rich on
Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
because of the potential for advertising down the road.

These test figures are horrible, absolutely horrible. They are so bad at
250mm that you could literally shoot with a good 135mm prime lens and get
as much detail as the longer f.l.!!!

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_18-250_3p5-6p3_os_c16/page3.asp
From: snapper on
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:43:16 -0600, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

> Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
> manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
> because of the potential for advertising down the road.
>
> These test figures are horrible, absolutely horrible. They are so bad at
> 250mm that you could literally shoot with a good 135mm prime lens and get
> as much detail as the longer f.l.!!!
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_18-250_3p5-6p3_os_c16/page3.asp

The word Sigma is ancient Greek for Shithouse.

From: Ray Fischer on
Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
>manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted

Rich hates everything.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bruce on
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:43:16 -0600, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>Forget Dpreview's recommended B.S. It's just them selling glass for a
>manufacturer. Even ones that don't advertise on the site now are fetted
>because of the potential for advertising down the road.
>
>These test figures are horrible, absolutely horrible. They are so bad at
>250mm that you could literally shoot with a good 135mm prime lens and get
>as much detail as the longer f.l.!!!
>
>http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_18-250_3p5-6p3_os_c16/page3.asp

No, no Rich, you have it all wrong. Stigma lenses are just the same
as the big-name camera brand lenses, only cheaper. They are made in
the same factory to the same high standards.

That's why so many professional photographers use Stigma lenses!

This 18-250mm lens is actually better than its 18-200mm predecessor
and it beats all the camera brand lenses because it now goes to 250mm!
Another optical achievement for Stigma!

;-)

From: Scott W on
On Feb 2, 6:24 am, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma_18-250_3p5-6p3_os_c16/page3...
>
> No, no Rich, you have it all wrong.  Stigma lenses are just the same
> as the big-name camera brand lenses, only cheaper.  They are made in
> the same factory to the same high standards.
>
> That's why so many professional photographers use Stigma lenses!
>
> This 18-250mm lens is actually better than its 18-200mm predecessor
> and it beats all the camera brand lenses because it now goes to 250mm!
> Another optical achievement for Stigma!
>
> ;-)

I used to have an amplifier where the volume went to 11, wow was that
great, it beat all the amplifiers that only went to 10.

Scott