From: Richard Webb on
DanielleOM" writes:

> It seems every open mike I go to someone does not wait for the sound
> person signal before unplugging or the wrong channel gets muted at
> some point during the evening.

I almost refuse to work such things without a helper on
stage. SAid helper can have a cable plugged into the
performer's rig, and *will* wait for my signal before
plugging the new performer into the rest of the system. IF
more than one performer is changing up, it's break time, all channels muted and nothing playing in the house but some
canned program until we've switched around and will do a
couple brief line checks of new additions to the setup. IF
my rig showed up for an open mic jam type thing back in the
day I insisted on having a helper.

Regards,
Richard

REmote Audio in the southland: See www.gatasound.com