From: David Pastie on
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 08:25:03 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:

> I tried to play the Classic FM live stream yesterday but couldn't
> because it required Silverlight to be installed. I have a nagging
> worry that Silverlight might be insecure, what do people here think?
>
> <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/on-air/ways-of-listening/how-listen-mac/>

Don't do it, it will give you a dose of the clap.

From: Jim on
Sn!pe <snipe(a)spambin.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> I tried to play the Classic FM live stream yesterday but couldn't
> because it required Silverlight to be installed. I have a nagging
> worry that Silverlight might be insecure, what do people here think?
>
> <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/on-air/ways-of-listening/how-listen-mac/>

It's probably no worse than Flash.

Which, I grant, isn't saying much.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Peter Ceresole on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> > <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/on-air/ways-of-listening/how-listen-mac/>
>
> It's probably no worse than Flash.

I used Silverlight when ITV were using it. It's much, much worse than
Flash, which works pretty well.
--
Peter
From: Jim on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
> > > <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/on-air/ways-of-listening/how-listen-mac/>
> >
> > It's probably no worse than Flash.
>
> I used Silverlight when ITV were using it. It's much, much worse than
> Flash, which works pretty well.

I was thinking in terms of the security implications.

Jim
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-08-07 11:18:55 +0100, Peter Ceresole said:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>> <http://www.classicfm.co.uk/on-air/ways-of-listening/how-listen-mac/>
>>
>> It's probably no worse than Flash.
>
> I used Silverlight when ITV were using it. It's much, much worse than
> Flash, which works pretty well.

It has its place watching the Feynman lectures provided free by MS. It
isn't needed by much else that I've found.
--
Chris