From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Many years ago, I had a zip library that simply called a function to read or write data.
If you wanted to compress to a file, you set this routine to write to a file; if you
wanted to append to a string, you set it up to append to a string. It took an LPVOID
which was a user-defined parameter passed from the caller to the output routine, and you
could make that a FILE*, CFile*, or even a CString * or a pointer to anything else you
wanted.

I can't speak to what one particular zip library supports, but you should not limit
yourself because you found an implementaiton of marginal quality. Just look for a decent
library!
joe

On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:04:17 -0700, ab` <ab(a)absent.com> wrote:

>Minimal encryption is all that's needed, just enough to make it obvious.
>
>I've tried the 7-Zip, .zip classes, but they all seem to rely on writing
>the file to disk first, then encrypting, then deleting.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: John H. on
ab` wrote:
> Minimal encryption is all that's needed, just enough to make it obvious.

If you are not concerned about people breaking your encryption scheme,
you could do something really simple, like add a constant number to
each character before you write it to disk (and then subtract it when
you read). Then if the casual observer opens the file with a text
editor, they will see a lot of nonsense that appears to follow some
pattern, but what it says is hard to tell.