From: Peter Olcott on
We can create a new newsgroup to replace the ones that
Microsoft will be deleting.

From what I remember creating a new newsgroup in the alt
hierarchy is really easy.

It would be better in the comp hierarchy, but, this is more
difficult and requires substantial agreement by many people.

From: BobF on
On 5/14/2010 10:53 PM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> We can create a new newsgroup to replace the ones that
> Microsoft will be deleting.
>
> From what I remember creating a new newsgroup in the alt
> hierarchy is really easy.
>
> It would be better in the comp hierarchy, but, this is more
> difficult and requires substantial agreement by many people.

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc already exists
From: Peter Olcott on

"BobF" <nothanks(a)nospam.yum> wrote in message
> On 5/14/2010 10:53 PM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> We can create a new newsgroup to replace the ones that
>> Microsoft will be deleting.
>>
>> From what I remember creating a new newsgroup in the alt
>> hierarchy is really easy.
>>
>> It would be better in the comp hierarchy, but, this is
>> more
>> difficult and requires substantial agreement by many
>> people.
>>

> comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc already exists

Did you know that the entire microsoft.public hierarchy is
scheduled to be deleted by the end of next month?

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:euWdnTQN49qTM3PWnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d(a)giganews.com "Peter Olcott"
<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:

> Did you know that the entire microsoft.public hierarchy is
> scheduled to be deleted by the end of next month?

The Microsoft server might be shut down, but the hierarchy will probably
live on for eternity on the rest of USENET.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Peter Olcott on

"Bert Hyman" <bert(a)iphouse.com> wrote in message
> In news:euWdnTQN49qTM3PWnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d(a)giganews.com
> "Peter Olcott"
> <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you know that the entire microsoft.public hierarchy
>> is
>> scheduled to be deleted by the end of next month?
>
> The Microsoft server might be shut down, but the hierarchy
> will probably
> live on for eternity on the rest of USENET.
>
> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com

A link that Hector provided indicated that the last step
will be to send a delete message to all servers such that
the actual newsgroups will be deleted unless specific action
is taken to make sure to ignore this message.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Simple encryption solution
Next: MFC Dialog - Menu