From: Fisyuk Victor on
Hi,
I have some problem with running SoftIce (Driver Studio 3.2) on Windows XP
SP2 MUI CHECKED. I try run SoftIce (Ctrl + D) but appears very strange
SoftIce window. After close this window Windows frozen - all not work
(keyboard, mouse). SoftIce from Driver Studio 2.7 work good but not work TAB
key (for completion symbols names).

Thanks.

From: Pavel A. on
"Fisyuk Victor" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some problem with running SoftIce (Driver Studio 3.2) on Windows XP
> SP2 MUI CHECKED. I try run SoftIce (Ctrl + D) but appears very strange
> SoftIce window. After close this window Windows frozen - all not work
> (keyboard, mouse). SoftIce from Driver Studio 2.7 work good but not work TAB
> key (for completion symbols names).

Do you have the latest update (3.2.1) with latest .dat files?
Also try the Compuware support forum
http://forums.compuware.com/forum/
Finally... Softice just does not work well with some video cards,
so use remote connection.

Good luck,
--PA

From: David G on
I got this email from SoftIce a while back. Good Luck!

In order to get support for the SP2 RC1 Build 2096 you need to download an
updated osinfo.dat file from our ftp site at

ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/driverstudio/outgoing/OsInfo/OSINFO.DAT

After downloading, save this file into your \winnt\system32\drivers
directory.

If SoftICE is already started you will need to reboot your machine for the
changes to take effect.

This update is only needed if you are using Windows XP - SP2 RC1 (Build 2096).

-David G