From: Alex Monro on
Neil Jones wrote:

> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?

I've had good results with Hugin, an open source project available as
free download from http://hugin.sourceforge.net/. Prebuilt binaries
are available for Windows and Mac.

Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd. The stitching was done
entirely automatically, just accepting the defaults suggested by the
wizard (though there are a LOT of options if you want to get in to
tweaking!). Some USM & local contrast boost applied in GIMP after
stitching.

(Warning, 8.6MB 10232 x 3178 pixel jpeg!)

http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg
From: ray on
On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:28:41 +0200, Neil Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> NJ

If you're doing simple left to right melding, the 'pandora' plug-in for
GIMP works fairly well. It is definitely simple and easy to use.

Beyond that, I use the 'panotools' suite - which is also Open Source and
free for the using.
From: bart.c on
Alex Monro wrote:

> Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
> with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd.

> http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg

What's the animal in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like a lion.

--
Bartc
From: David J Taylor on
>> http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg
>
> What's the animal in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like a lion.
>
> --
> Bartc

No compared to the size of its owner it doesn't! Look a little way
further along - person in red.

David

From: me on
On Sun, 2 May 2010 15:15:57 +0100, "bart.c" <bartc(a)freeuk.com> wrote:

>Alex Monro wrote:
>
>> Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
>> with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd.
>
>> http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg
>
>What's the animal in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like a lion.

A dog.