From: Neil Jones on
Hi,

I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
that can create Panoramic photos?

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ
From: N on

"Neil Jones" <nj(a)dev.null> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> NJ

Autostitch is quite good. Are your original images good enough? Were they
taken pivoting on the nodal point?

From: me on
On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:28:41 +0200, Neil Jones <nj(a)dev.null> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
>bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
>stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
>that can create Panoramic photos?

Never heard of this AS from Serif,. However, there is a free version
of Autosticth that has been around for years created by two PhD
students at UBCo. I'ved used it fro yeaars myself.

http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

From: David J Taylor on
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> NJ

I have the equivalent software from Kolor - Autopano PRO - and I would
have said it works very well indeed. Check that you have enough overlap
in your images - I'd suggest at least 1/3 of the frame. I try and keep
the exposure nearly the same as well.

Cheers,
David

From: OG on

"Neil Jones" <nj(a)dev.null> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

ICE (Image Composite Editor) is a free download from Microsoft that is
pretty good.
Windows only, of course.

32bit and 64bit versions exist.