From: me on
On Sun, 02 May 2010 13:31:42 +0100, Alex Monro
<nospamdeleteabusenews(a)argaty.org.uk> wrote:

>Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
>with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd. The stitching was done
>entirely automatically, just accepting the defaults suggested by the
>wizard (though there are a LOT of options if you want to get in to
>tweaking!). Some USM & local contrast boost applied in GIMP after
>stitching.
>
>(Warning, 8.6MB 10232 x 3178 pixel jpeg!)
>
>http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg

I like the dog rooting in the foreground.
From: Michael on
On 2010-05-02 06:28:41 -0400, Neil Jones said:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
> bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
> stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
> that can create Panoramic photos?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
>
> NJ

I don't do many, but I have PanoramaMaker 4 from ArcSoft. It's free. I
have it on a Mac but considering it's ArcSoft it's most likely out
there for Windows too. It works on a basic level and if that's all you
want (it's all I want) then the price can't be beat.
--
Michael

From: Alfred Molon on
PTGUI is one of the best tools around.