From: Richard the Dreaded Libertarian on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:30:10 -0700, John Larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:26:05 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman
>>
>>John Larkin wants to believe that we can ignore this and he is
>>prepared to write off the whole scientific establishment because he
>>finds their expert opinion unattractive. This is genuinely crazy.

Not the whole scientific establishment - just those who have joined the
cult of warmingism and abandoned actual science.

Cheers!
Rich

From: Sylvia Else on
On 13/08/2010 8:26 AM, Koning Betweter wrote:

> I know somebody who hung his bed to the ceiling. Used a stairway to get
> into his bed.
> While he is sleeping his bed turns a dynamo and fills a battery.
> The next morning he put on the lights. The next evening he pulls up his
> bed again, and so on.

Sounds like a tall story to me. He can't get more energy out of having
the bed and himself descend that he put into it by pulling the bed up
and the climbing up himself.

Say a bed weights 100kg, an he weighs 75kg, and that the bed is raised
by 2 metres. Total energy 3430 Joules, or about 1 Watt-hour. Won't get
much lighting out of that.

In any case, he'd have to eat marginally more food to account for the
exercise, and that's a very inefficient way of turning food into
electrical energy.

Sylvia.
From: Koning Betweter on
On 2010-08-13 03:43:39 +0200, Sylvia Else said:

> On 13/08/2010 8:26 AM, Koning Betweter wrote:
>
>> I know somebody who hung his bed to the ceiling. Used a stairway to get
>> into his bed.
>> While he is sleeping his bed turns a dynamo and fills a battery.
>> The next morning he put on the lights. The next evening he pulls up his
>> bed again, and so on.
>
> Sounds like a tall story to me. He can't get more energy out of having
> the bed and himself descend that he put into it by pulling the bed up
> and the climbing up himself.
>
> Say a bed weights 100kg, an he weighs 75kg, and that the bed is raised
> by 2 metres. Total energy 3430 Joules, or about 1 Watt-hour. Won't get
> much lighting out of that.
>
> In any case, he'd have to eat marginally more food to account for the
> exercise, and that's a very inefficient way of turning food into
> electrical energy.
>
> Sylvia.

True, it was just having some fun, a kind of creative art. But he can
light his house for almost half an hour.
BTW: the bed is for 2 persons and there is some mechanism which turns
up very fast, but turns down for about 7 hours. Burning a candle give
the same amount of light.
--
Ik praat liever tegen een domoor, dan tegen dovemansoren.

From: Koning Betweter on
On 2010-08-13 02:35:25 +0200, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian said:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:30:10 -0700, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:26:05 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman
>>>
>>> John Larkin wants to believe that we can ignore this and he is
>>> prepared to write off the whole scientific establishment because he
>>> finds their expert opinion unattractive. This is genuinely crazy.
>
> Not the whole scientific establishment - just those who have joined the
> cult of warmingism and abandoned actual science.
>
> Cheers!
> Rich

You can't deny global warming, you can say it's natural or something,
but denying global warming is rediculus!
Never seen the pictures of melting gletgers? Have you seen the pictures
of the North pole over the last few decades?

Cheers!
--
Ik praat liever tegen een domoor, dan tegen dovemansoren.

From: AZ Nomad on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 04:06:00 +0200, Koning Betweter <Koning(a)Stumper.nl> wrote:
>On 2010-08-13 03:43:39 +0200, Sylvia Else said:

>> On 13/08/2010 8:26 AM, Koning Betweter wrote:
>>
>>> I know somebody who hung his bed to the ceiling. Used a stairway to get
>>> into his bed.
>>> While he is sleeping his bed turns a dynamo and fills a battery.
>>> The next morning he put on the lights. The next evening he pulls up his
>>> bed again, and so on.
>>
>> Sounds like a tall story to me. He can't get more energy out of having
>> the bed and himself descend that he put into it by pulling the bed up
>> and the climbing up himself.
>>
>> Say a bed weights 100kg, an he weighs 75kg, and that the bed is raised
>> by 2 metres. Total energy 3430 Joules, or about 1 Watt-hour. Won't get
>> much lighting out of that.
>>
>> In any case, he'd have to eat marginally more food to account for the
>> exercise, and that's a very inefficient way of turning food into
>> electrical energy.
>>
>> Sylvia.

>True, it was just having some fun, a kind of creative art. But he can
>light his house for almost half an hour.

As long as he has no more than a single 2 watt bulb.