From: AZ Nomad on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:48:05 -0500, Tim Williams <tmoranwms(a)charter.net> wrote:
>"AZ Nomad" <aznomad.3(a)PremoveOBthisOX.COM> wrote in message
>> Have you priced 20KW PSUs recently?

>I have. I'm tenatively offering 10kW induction heaters for $2000.

>Want one?

>Tim

Let me know when they're $10.
From: dagmargoodboat on
krw wrote:
> John Larkin wrote:
> > Bill Sloman wrote:

> >>All the "carbon crazies" are saying is that if we keep burning carbon
> >>at the current rate, the carbon dioxide level in the atmosphere will
> >>keep on rising at the current rate.
>
> >Assuming linearity, yes.
>
> W/o feedback
>
> >>There's a lot of reliable scientific evidence
>
> >Not evidence, theory.
>
> Not theory, simulation.

Not simulation, stimulation.

--
Grins,
James Arthur
From: Tim Williams on
>>I have. I'm tenatively offering 10kW induction heaters for $2000.
>
> Let me know when they're $10.

I think I can sell you a bridge that cheap ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

From: Dirk Bruere at NeoPax on
On 11/08/2010 02:44, AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:45:22 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/08/2010 19:30, Charlie E. wrote:

>>> Dirk,
>>> Yes, the panels MAY drop in price, by a third or even more.
>>>
>>> The mounting hardware and similiar infrastructure won't drop that
>>> much, if at all.
>
>> True.
>> That price will come to dominate.
>
>>> Installation for them will only go up, at least for a while.
>>>
>>> Inverters and other grid tie or other uses SHOULD go down, but they
>>> haven't yet!
>
>> Well, we know where the prices are heading by looking at a mature
>> comparable technology that is being mass manufactured - PC PSUs. I have
>> seen retail 200W PSUs for $10
>
> Have you priced 20KW PSUs recently?

So why have one vastly overpriced and undermanufactured 20kW PSU when
you can have 20 for far less cash? The trend is going to be one
integrated PSU per panel. Manufactured in the hundreds of millions per year.

--
Dirk

From: untergangsprophet on
On 9 Aug., 03:33, Mark <makol...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's easy to tell when solar becomes economical...
>
> when the factory that makes solar panels has them on the roof and uses
> them to power itself..

Good point, the factories should start to put dummy-panels on their
roof.