From: keithw86 on
On Aug 11, 3:53 am, untergangsprophet <filter...(a)desinformation.de>
wrote:
> On 9 Aug., 03:33, Mark <makol...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > It's easy to tell when solar becomes economical...
>
> > when the factory that makes solar panels has them on the roof and uses
> > them to power itself..
>
> Good point, the factories should start to put dummy-panels on their
> roof.

Are you suggesting that solar panel factories are really in the dummy
manufacturing business? Hmm, I think you're onto something here.
From: Koning Betweter on
On 2010-08-10 15:00:33 +0200, Jim Yanik said:

> Koning Betweter <Koning(a)Stumper.nl> wrote in
>
>> On 2010-08-07 23:35:07 +0200, John Doe said:
>>
>>> And then there is the amount of surface area required to produce
>>> the same amount of power, it is unrealistic. The idea of windmills
>>> and solar panels as a primary source of power is sold to naïve
>>> people.
>>
>> I don't have a garden on my roof, so there is many room for a
>> solar-system!
>
> So do it,then.Show us how it's done. On your own dime,of course.
>
>> Nuclear energy need uranium. I don't like the
>> governements of countries who are selling uranium.
>>
>> The sun delivers much more energy as all nuclear systems in the world,
>> it's only a matter of getting better equipment to make energy out of
>> sunlight.
>> I gues with Nano-technology Solar systems will gonna have much more
>> efficiency in the near future. It will be cheaper to produce
>> solarpanels too.
>

> Utopian dreaming.
>

>> Nuclear-energy will always be dangerous, besides it needs a network
>> for transport, solar systems make consumers independent when they
>> generate their own energy.
>>
>> That's not naïve, that's clever!!!
>
> Show me.

With google you'll find many sites to help you building your own energy-plants

Solarpanels in 2004 costs were € 7,55 W/P
In 2008 it was € 5,00 W/P
in 2009 it was € 4,50 W/P
Now they cost € 2,05 W/P

In 2015 it will be about € 1,00 W/P or less, so solarpower has a future!
--
Ik praat liever tegen een domoor, dan tegen dovemansoren.

From: Koning Betweter on
On 2010-08-10 15:15:53 +0200, Sylvia Else said:

> On 10/08/2010 9:59 AM, Koning Betweter wrote:
>> solar systems make consumers independent when they generate
>> their own energy.
>
> Let's see them disconnect themselves from the grid, and then we'll see
> how independent they are.
>
> Sylvia.

The grid in my country is getting more expensive by time. Every year I
have used the same amound of energy, but the prices is about € 100,00
more.
With an of-grid installation, it's only a matter of time to be cheaper
as the energycompany.

It doesn't matter how you generate your energy, it's just cheaper to
use the energy around us like sun, wind or water.
You just need the space to build your plant and the money to invest.

If you're living in a big building with many other families, you
probably have no chance to generate your own energy, except methangas.
--
Ik praat liever tegen een domoor, dan tegen dovemansoren.

From: Sylvia Else on
On 11/08/2010 11:33 PM, Koning Betweter wrote:
> On 2010-08-10 15:15:53 +0200, Sylvia Else said:
>
>> On 10/08/2010 9:59 AM, Koning Betweter wrote:
>>> solar systems make consumers independent when they generate
>>> their own energy.
>>
>> Let's see them disconnect themselves from the grid, and then we'll see
>> how independent they are.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> The grid in my country is getting more expensive by time. Every year I
> have used the same amound of energy, but the prices is about € 100,00 more.
> With an of-grid installation, it's only a matter of time to be cheaper
> as the energycompany.

Really disconnnecting yourself from the grid implies having some other
method of providing power when your solar panels won't. Energy storage
is a problem. Batteries are expensive, and have a short life. And even
if you've installed batteries to handle the nightly loss of solar power,
you still need something else to cope with cloudy days. Your ultimate
backstop is presumably a fossil fueled generator, even if you hope not
to use it much.

All of this costs money. Getting a really independent system down
anywhere near the cost of grid power is a tall order.

I suppose some people might be happy to use power when it's available,
and do without when it's not, but few would willing to live that way.

> It doesn't matter how you generate your energy, it's just cheaper to use
> the energy around us like sun, wind or water.
> You just need the space to build your plant and the money to invest.

Money invested has a cost. At its simplest the cost is the interest
forgone - instead of buying the gear to produce your energy, you could
have put the money in the bank, earned interest on it, and used the
interest to buy energ from the grid instead.

Even if you do decide to buy the plant, it won't last forever (batteries
particularly), so you need to allow for future replacement. It's not a
one-off investment.

Sylvia.
From: keithw86 on
On Aug 11, 8:10 am, Koning Betweter <Kon...(a)Stumper.nl> wrote:
> On 2010-08-10 15:00:33 +0200, Jim Yanik said:
>

> > Koning Betweter <Kon...(a)Stumper.nl> wrote in

> >> I don't have a garden on my roof, so there is many room for a
> >> solar-system!
>
> > So do it,then.Show us how it's done. On your own dime,of course.
>
> >> Nuclear energy need uranium. I don't like the
> >> governements of countries who are selling uranium.
>
> >> The sun delivers much more energy as all nuclear systems in the world,
> >> it's only a matter of getting better equipment to make energy out of
> >> sunlight.
> >> I gues with Nano-technology Solar systems will gonna have much more
> >> efficiency in the near future. It will be cheaper to produce
> >> solarpanels too.
>
> > Utopian dreaming.
>
> >> Nuclear-energy will always be dangerous, besides it needs a network
> >> for transport, solar systems make consumers independent when they
> >> generate their own energy.
>
> >> That's not naïve, that's clever!!!
>
> > Show me.
>
> With google you'll find many sites to help you building your own energy-plants
>
> Solarpanels in 2004 costs were € 7,55 W/P
> In 2008 it was € 5,00 W/P
> in 2009 it was € 4,50 W/P
> Now they cost € 2,05 W/P
>
> In 2015 it will be about € 1,00 W/P or less, so solarpower has a future!

Solar power has always had a future. The question is whether it will
ever have a present. ...quite like fusion.