From: Guy on
Thank you all for trying.... but:

Tiffany Hello,

yes, i do mean that. when i try to run SW from inside SWRx with the
either option (Software OpenGL / Bypass the Tools/Options settings) i
still get the momentary issue - an even shorter one than a regular
launch attempt.

John,

i am from Israel. setting Regional and Language Options to US didn't
help.

FlowerPot,

Listen to Bob Zee.

Bob,

i have about 11.5 GB of free HD space on C, 350 MB of free RAM when i
try to run Solid.

i have to say that after trying to run SW there's the momentary issue,
later on the attempts are very short.
only a few hours later it appears as if the computer 'thinks' again
before not doing nothing.

This is what SWRx is writing me when i run it:

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Card: MOBILITY RADEON X300 x86/SSE2
Driver: 6.14.10.6067
Check that your card/driver combination is on the list of tested
drivers at:
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/VideoCardTesting.html
You are using a currently supported operating system.

The system environmental variable named TEMP has been set.

Write access is set for the TEMP directory.

System TEMP directory: 11.6 GB

The SolidWorks Backup Directory has not been set. Please set in
Tools\Options\Backups.

The SolidWorks Journal file directory has not been set. Please set in
Tools\Options\File Locations.

Drive C:\: 11.6 GB of free space
Drive D:\: 17.8 GB of free space

Total System Memory - 510 MB
This amount of RAM is acceptable for assemblies greater than 1000
components and parts greater than 300 features.
1GB or more is recommended for assemblies with greater than 2500
components and parts greater than 1000 features.
Free System Memory - 364 MB
You should have sufficient free physical RAM to run SolidWorks
effectively. If you exceed the physical RAM, your system performance
will be seriously degraded.
Could not open the service pack database, the server may be busy,
please try again later.

SolidWorks is currently not running.

Toolbox is loaded on a local drive. This may not be an appropriate
location if the toolbox parts are shared. See the Installation Guides
at
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/subscription/ServicePacks.html
for more information.

From: ms on
bob zee" <bobzee1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> FlowerPot wrote:
>> Dude,
>>
>> You have a borderline computer.
>
> You have a borderline life. Please, do us all a favor and end it.
> Quickly.
>

>> Also, that Radeon, I mean how often does this come up? Geez. "Correct"
>> driver?
>
> Who says, "geez"?
>

>> If that doesn't work, try another computer.
>
> You should try another world.
>

>> How do you register that software? Have you done that? Is this a legal
>> copy?
>
> Student Copy. Student Copy. Student Copy.
>

>> Daisy.
>

> Please show us what a flowerpot does when it abruptly stops on the
> concrete after a 20 story drop. PLEASE.
>
> bob z.
> p.s. full of hate today.

Pages: 1