From: jgrimmond on

Folks,

Would be most appreciative if you can throw some light on
these two points.

Just did the forced upgrade to 2010 and noticed that some account
balances are wrong and transactionsin these accounts are missing.
Curiously, these transactions are linked to two other things and they
say it isall there. Specifically, part of the paycheck goes to a two
different FBAs. When I look at the paycheck entries (in the primary
checkingaccount to which the rest goes -- yes, after taxes, etc.), the
form says that the amounts are being sent to the FBAs. However,
there are no matching entries in the FBA accounts -- and hence
the wrong balances. Things were ok in the 2007 file, but now I
cannot see it! Any ideas?

Just at the time of the switch to 2010, the bank changed one of
our credit card numbers. When I tried to download the transactions,
they ended up in another credit card account (we have 5 different
cards from the same bank). After painfully deleting about 100
entries (Question: Can one delte a bunch of transactions in
Quicken at the same time? I mean recently downloaded transactions
still to be accepted and not transactions in the Register), I created
a new account, with the new account number and downloaded
again. (This time, Q asked me wheter to put the data in this new
account, or the old wrong account. It did not give an option to
choose any of the other four credit card accounts!)
Worked, but unfortunately, this new account inherits the
old account's balance! So, now I have the same "balance due"
in both credit card accounts. ( The bank has,
obvioulsy, linked the two accounts.)

So, the basic question is whether one can 'merge' credit card
accounts in Quicken. I tried just changing the number in the
Properties page of the credit card to the new number, but it
did not seem to work. (That was when all the transactions
went to another account.) Is it possible to make it look like one
card rather than a new and an old one?

If not, how can one fix the balance to zero in the new card
after the download?

Any informaion on either point would be appreciated.

tia
jg