From: DanP on
On Mar 6, 5:23 pm, me <m...(a)mine.net> wrote:
> A few of the better bird shots from the past week or two. Signs of
> srping, even though we had 3" of snow Wed morning, as osprey have
> returned and brown pelicans are migrating through.
> D300+200-400 f/4+tc14.
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-02-21_pm/slides/_DSC8724.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-02-28am2/slides/_DSC9024.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-02-28am2/slides/_DSC9033.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-02-28am2/slides/_DSC9040.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-02-28am2/slides/_DSC9112.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-03-05+/slides/_DSC9153.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-03-05+/slides/_DSC9166.html

Great photos, I like them all.

In my humble opinion, and I mean it honestly, I think you should
publish only the best shot of a particular subject in a particular
pose.

Kind of less is more, I tend to skip over the shots similar to the one
I have just seen and that does not do them justice.

DanP
From: me on
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:39:26 -0800 (PST), Vance <vance.lear(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-03-05+/slides/_DSC9166.html
>
>Nice. Thanks for sharing. What is the blue colored bird?

That is an Eastern Bluebird.
From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:33:59 -0800 (PST), Vance <vance.lear(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 6, 12:18�pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:39:26 -0800 (PST), Vance <vance.l...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Nice. �Thanks for sharing. �What is the blue colored bird?
>>
>> DSC9166 is a Painted Bunting. �
>>
>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

>Thaks Tony. I've never seen one before. It's a beautiful bird.

Someone else said Eastern Bluebird, and that may be correct. We don't
see the Eastern Bluebirds down here, but the Painted Buntings winter
in south Florida and pass through this area briefly on their way back
north.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-06 15:03:47 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:33:59 -0800 (PST), Vance <vance.lear(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 6, 12:18�pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> DSC9166 is a Painted Bunting. �
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

>> Thaks Tony. I've never seen one before. It's a beautiful bird.
>>
> Someone else said Eastern Bluebird, and that may be correct. We don't
> see the Eastern Bluebirds down here, but the Painted Buntings winter
> in south Florida and pass through this area briefly on their way back
> north.

Eastern Bluebird it is.
http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/381/articles/introduction

The Painted Bunting is entirely different;
http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/398/articles/introduction

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: me on
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:24:28 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>> Someone else said Eastern Bluebird, and that may be correct. We don't
>> see the Eastern Bluebirds down here, but the Painted Buntings winter
>> in south Florida and pass through this area briefly on their way back
>> north.
>
>Eastern Bluebird it is.
>http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/381/articles/introduction
>
>The Painted Bunting is entirely different;
>http://bna.birds.cornell.edu/bna/species/398/articles/introduction

A better redition is at this other Cornell site, imo:
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Eastern_Bluebird/id

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Backlit sensors