From: John on
I was refilling my black cartridge and the needle came out. That made
a big mess including black spots on the new T shirt I was wearing.
So I decide to use the left over ink from an old cartridge and tint
the T shirt black.
It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water.

After this I wouldn't put it on the washer with other cloths. It may
destroy all other pieces of clothing.

John
From: Arthur Entlich on
Hi John,

Innovative...

But you need to indicate which type of ink and which printer type.

There are inks which are dye colorant based, some which are hybrid
mixes, and some which use pigment inks.

Many Canon printers, for instance use a pigment ink for black text while
using another black for the photo printing which is dye colorant based.

Epson OEM inks come is at lest 5 variations, dye, dye-hybrid, pigment
matte, pigment glossy, and they all respond differently to things like
fabric, detergent, bleach, light, etc. Also, how you "set" the ink
(steam, hot water, acid (like vinegar) etc. will alter how permanent, or
how lightfast the colorant is.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: John on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:14:59 -0700, Arthur Entlich
<e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Innovative...
>
>But you need to indicate which type of ink and which printer type.
>
>There are inks which are dye colorant based, some which are hybrid
>mixes, and some which use pigment inks.
>
>Many Canon printers, for instance use a pigment ink for black text while
>using another black for the photo printing which is dye colorant based.
>
>Epson OEM inks come is at lest 5 variations, dye, dye-hybrid, pigment
>matte, pigment glossy, and they all respond differently to things like
>fabric, detergent, bleach, light, etc. Also, how you "set" the ink
>(steam, hot water, acid (like vinegar) etc. will alter how permanent, or
>how lightfast the colorant is.
>
>Art
>

>If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
> I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>
> http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/
>
>John wrote:
>> I was refilling my black cartridge and the needle came out. That made
>> a big mess including black spots on the new T shirt I was wearing.
>> So I decide to use the left over ink from an old cartridge and tint
>> the T shirt black.
>> It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water.
>>
>> After this I wouldn't put it on the washer with other cloths. It may
>> destroy all other pieces of clothing.
>>
>> John

Hi Art

I did mentioned
"It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water"
The Ink came from a HP45 cartridge that is used by the HP series 900
and others
If this doesn't result I have very little to lose
Regards
John
From: Charmin on
On May 15, 1:35 pm, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:14:59 -0700, Arthur Entlich
>

> <e-printerh...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> >Hi John,
>
> >Innovative...
>
> >But you need to indicate which type of ink and which printer type.
>
> >There are inks which are dye colorant based, some which are hybrid
> >mixes, and some which use pigment inks.
>
> >Many Canon printers, for instance use a pigment ink for black text while
> >using another black for the photo printing which is dye colorant based.
>
> >Epson OEM inks come is at lest 5 variations, dye, dye-hybrid, pigment
> >matte, pigment glossy, and they all respond differently to things like
> >fabric, detergent, bleach, light, etc.  Also, how you "set" the ink
> >(steam, hot water, acid (like vinegar) etc. will alter how permanent, or
> >how lightfast the colorant is.
>
> >Art
>
> >If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
> >   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>
> >      http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/
>
> >John wrote:
> >> I was refilling my black cartridge and the needle came out.  That made
> >> a big mess including black spots on the new T shirt I was wearing.
> >> So I decide to use the left over ink from an old cartridge and tint
> >> the T shirt  black.
> >> It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water.
>
> >> After this I wouldn't put it on the washer with other cloths. It may
> >> destroy all other pieces of clothing.
>
> >> John
>
> Hi Art
>
> I did mentioned
> "It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water"
> The Ink came from a HP45 cartridge that is used by the HP series 900
> and others
> If this doesn't result I have very little to lose
> Regards
> John

You just have to dump that shirt. A T-shirt costs 25¢ at a garage sale.
From: Bast on

Charmin wrote:
> On May 15, 1:35 pm, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 May 2010 18:14:59 -0700, Arthur Entlich
>>

>> <e-printerh...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
>>> Hi John,
>>
>>> Innovative...
>>
>>> But you need to indicate which type of ink and which printer type.
>>
>>> There are inks which are dye colorant based, some which are hybrid
>>> mixes, and some which use pigment inks.
>>
>>> Many Canon printers, for instance use a pigment ink for black text
>>> while using another black for the photo printing which is dye
>>> colorant based.
>>
>>> Epson OEM inks come is at lest 5 variations, dye, dye-hybrid, pigment
>>> matte, pigment glossy, and they all respond differently to things like
>>> fabric, detergent, bleach, light, etc. Also, how you "set" the ink
>>> (steam, hot water, acid (like vinegar) etc. will alter how permanent,
>>> or how lightfast the colorant is.
>>
>>> Art
>>
>>> If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
>>> I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>>
>>> http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

>> Hi Art
>>
>> I did mentioned
>> "It is now on the sink with black ink and very hot water"
>> The Ink came from a HP45 cartridge that is used by the HP series 900
>> and others
>> If this doesn't result I have very little to lose
>> Regards
>> John
>
> You just have to dump that shirt. A T-shirt costs 25� at a garage sale.

5�,... if you buy one with a printer ink stain already on it.