From: Sue Morton on
That was my first thought! LOL
--
Sue Morton

From: BobF on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot BobF <nothanks(a)nospam.yum> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Too bad the drummers timing was so bad on this one!
>
> Whats't his ti mingthi ngyousp eak of? <g>

LOL!
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Copied it to my Blackberry and listened to it on the way to get my car
> >> tag renewed. Very Zappaesque at times, and I dig the acoustic bass
> >> sound you used on this. Also the xylophone that starts out sounding
> >> like one of those Jaymar toy pianos like they used on the song "Summer
> >> Breeze" is cool how it kind of morphs. Amazing where you took this.
> >> Good job Poly!
> >
> > Thanks G'bo. As always, it's been loads of fun!
>
> I love the bit you play on the syntar at 0:42. Sounds like Alan freekin'
> Holdsworth or something.

Thanks! AH was a big influence.

>Thanks again for dressing up my Sunday drum jam!

T'was my pleasure.

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> I updated the copy at the Psuedonyms page to include your additions.
> >
> > Eggcellent!!!
> >
> >> I dig this more each time I play it, which is about 50 times now. ;)
> >
> > Ya, know, I kinda dig this tune myslelf. I actually forgotten what I
> > played and was pleasantly surprised when I heard it later !
>
> The more I play it, the more I like it! Thanks again for joining in! :)

Hey, thanks for letting me play on it !
I gives me good practice for playing with parts that aren't sequenced and
perfect.
You're drumming was easy to lock into.

Poly

From: polymod on

"Philip Cody" <philipcodyThePapersAndTheTrash(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed 20 Jan 2010 09:44:34a polymod posted:
>
> > Not at all. I truly value your opinion and thank you for being honest.
> >
> > I might be giving the wrong signals since I bombard the ng with just
about
> > everything but the kitchen sink. And yes, lately it has not been my
usual
> > stuff.
> >
> > For shits and giggles I dabble in different directions whether I'm good
at
> > it or not (I was doing nothing but orchestral stuff for a while, then
all
> > electronic), and it's hard to be sincere in each of them. IMHO, It's
good
> > practice playing what you're not accustomed to.
> > And I'm *definitely* not looking for a jazz voice. I abandoned jazz at
age
> > 16 and gravitated towards more progressive music that didn't have any
rules
> > or boundaries. FWIW, I know my jazz is not unique and I don't intend on
> > spending the time to make it that way. Just move on....
> >
> > My 'pop stuff' as you say is what I have in my heart and that will never
> > change. It started as "Sonic Music" back in 1978 and will only end when
> > do...hopefully none too soon!.
> >
> > ps....I have to tell the wife you called my music 'pop'. When she
doesn't
> > have a mouth full of food or drink<g>
> >

> I'm glad to see that your "jazzy" stuff isn't too influenced by John
> McClaughlin (yeah right?). . . though he's probably influenced everybody
> who's ever strapped on a guitar and played free form music.
>
> Anyway . . . keep on truckin.
>
> ps. . . I call everything Pop these days to mask the fact that I haven't
been
> keeping up with all the genres that keep sprining up . . .

I hear ya. I just signed up a new CD at CDBaby a few days ago and cripes,
the amount of categories/genres is mind-boggling.
Can't they just call it Rock?

Poly

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5