From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:t6mdnXnqnKsPfcrWnZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d(a)supernews.com the killer robot
> "Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.coffeehouse and pressed these buttons...
>
> > Wow, that's really awesome. Not just the guitar <which is awesome in
> > it's own right>, but the history behind it and how it filtered back to
> > you. I hope your grandkids will be adding on to the history when the
> > time comes.
>
> My cousin found me on the internet and thought I needed to have this
guitar
> to pass on to my son and his children. His dad and my dad shared the
> guitar when they were teenagers in the 30s. It is *way* cool how it ended
> up in my hands, and I do attribute that to some unseen currents that make
> stuff happen. :)
>
> I'll never sell the guitar, because it has other value. It's a freeking
> great guitar in every way too.
>
> >> I am still blown away that I have that guitar. I use it frequently
> >> on recordings, and it sounds and plays better than any acoustic I've
> >> owned.

> >> Yep. This is how it looks today in my studio.
> >>
> >> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/L-00.jpg
> >>
> >> And this is how it looked in 1934-35 with my dad was playing it.
> >>
> >> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/L-00_Dad.jpg

I heard the story before, but it was worth revisiting!
Real nice man.

Poly

From: John Braner on
polymod wrote:
> I had a cancellation on a piano tuning so I did this instead.
>
> I checked the Sonar file stats and it said I spent 1:09 on it.
> Add another 10-15 minutes to sweeten and render it down. So it worked out
> about right<g>
>
> http://www.sonicmusic.net/Stand_Up.mp3
>
> Poly

Pretty good for 1 1/2 hours work! ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: polymod on

"John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
> polymod wrote:
> > I had a cancellation on a piano tuning so I did this instead.
> >
> > I checked the Sonar file stats and it said I spent 1:09 on it.
> > Add another 10-15 minutes to sweeten and render it down. So it worked
out
> > about right<g>
> >
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Stand_Up.mp3
> >
> > Poly
> >

> Pretty good for 1 1/2 hours work! ;-)

Hehe...thanks John!
It was more fun than doing scales at the piano<g>

Poly

From: Bob Donald on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

>> Wow, that's really awesome. Not just the guitar <which is awesome in
>> it's own right>, but the history behind it and how it filtered back to
>> you. I hope your grandkids will be adding on to the history when the
>> time comes.
>
> My cousin found me on the internet and thought I needed to have this
> guitar
> to pass on to my son and his children. His dad and my dad shared the
> guitar when they were teenagers in the 30s. It is *way* cool how it ended
> up in my hands, and I do attribute that to some unseen currents that make
> stuff happen. :)

Well, hopefully a really nice bottle of something found him :)

> I'll never sell the guitar, because it has other value. It's a freeking
> great guitar in every way too.

Yeah, I know that feeling. Got a couple like that myself. Nothing with
that emotional value, but you just cant see yourself parting with it!

From: John Braner on
polymod wrote:
> "John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
>> polymod wrote:
>>> I had a cancellation on a piano tuning so I did this instead.
>>>
>>> I checked the Sonar file stats and it said I spent 1:09 on it.
>>> Add another 10-15 minutes to sweeten and render it down. So it worked
> out
>>> about right<g>
>>>
>>> http://www.sonicmusic.net/Stand_Up.mp3
>>>
>>> Poly
>>>

>> Pretty good for 1 1/2 hours work! ;-)
>
> Hehe...thanks John!
> It was more fun than doing scales at the piano<g>
>
> Poly

So are most things ;-)

--
John Braner