From: Michael on
Philip Cody wrote:

> On Wed 20 Jan 2010 10:26:34a polymod posted:
>

>> I hear ya. I just signed up a new CD at CDBaby a few days ago and
>> cripes, the amount of categories/genres is mind-boggling.
>> Can't they just call it Rock?
>>
>> Poly
>
> Here's a list of all the current popular music genres.
> This makes me feel really, really old:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
>
> Shoegazing?

Yeah... but only for skinny people - the fat ones have to lien to
"Navelgazing".

From: Bob Donald on
I think he nailed it with that summation. Plus you gotta respect the
opinion of someone who'd give you that puppy!
Any pics of it?

Bob

From: Bob Donald on

Wow, that's really awesome. Not just the guitar <which is awesome in it's
own right>, but the history behind it and how it filtered back to you. I
hope your grandkids will be adding on to the history when the time comes.

From: polymod on

"Philip Cody" <philipcodyThePapersAndTheTrash(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed 20 Jan 2010 10:26:34a polymod posted:
>

> > I hear ya. I just signed up a new CD at CDBaby a few days ago and
cripes,
> > the amount of categories/genres is mind-boggling.
> > Can't they just call it Rock?
> >
> > Poly
>
> Here's a list of all the current popular music genres.
> This makes me feel really, really old:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
>
> Shoegazing?

My father invented that genre years ago at a wedding when he inadvertently
left the video camera "on" and pointing at the floor.

;)
Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I had a cancellation on a piano tuning so I did this instead.
> >
> > I checked the Sonar file stats and it said I spent 1:09 on it.
> > Add another 10-15 minutes to sweeten and render it down. So it worked
> > out about right<g>
> >
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Stand_Up.mp3
>
> I got this message from my cousin in California. The same cousin who
> recently gave me the family heirloom 1934 Gibson L-00 acoustic guitar.

> With this kind of style and collaboration, you all could be called the
> 21st century successors to Becker and Fagen/Steely Dan. sounds good.

Nice compliment!

Poly

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5