From: Tom B on
Here is the manual. TotalMix starts on about page 48. They have graphics so
it's prety easy to follow.

http://www.rme-audio.de/download/dface_e.pdf

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Tom B wrote:
> Here is the manual. TotalMix starts on about page 48. They have graphics
> so it's prety easy to follow.
>
> http://www.rme-audio.de/download/dface_e.pdf

Thanks. Taking a look at it briefly, this is pretty exciting stuff.
I'm guessing that not only real time inputs from your mixer are
available but also outputs from your DAW. So I assume that different
tracks and/or submixes could be sent back to Total Mix to add to the mix
for overdubs. Since real time input monitoring is done in the Soundcard
pre-DAW Host you don't have to worry about hearing flanging and such
while recording. And any latency involved will be handled by the host
and then shifted in time based on whatever the round trip latency
reported by the Hammerfall is.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Tom B on
I -think- what you are saying is true, yes. There is also internal loopback.
But with respect to latency and such, yes, that's their whole point. Not
real sure about the shifting in time part though.

I can tell you though, if you join their newsgroup or maybe they do it via
web forum now... the tech staff is very active. Matthias Carsten <sp> I
think I might have just butchered his name, but anyway, he's great about
getting things sorted. So if you have a very detailed question that has to
fit specific criteria, I'm sure someone will give you a clear answer in
short order.

They are really good with drivers and software updates too. I think that's
why the cards stay so pricey. The older ones I mean. Not that the new stuff
is cheap either though.

From: Dominique on
Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> �crivait

> In news:hg6eqj$i09$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot "Here
> In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>

>> "Glennbo" > If you play *good* music through them, the noise level
>> goes down. ;)
>>
>> True. Very true.
>>
>> Oh and your second love Tal is in Jeff Beck's band now and they also
>> play a bunch of songs with some artists on the 25th Anniversary Rock
>> and Roll Hall Of Fame. Most of the stuff they do are backing other
>> artist's songs, but Beck does a few of his own as well.
>
> Here Tal and Beck on the same bass. Watch it to the end. ;)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgkbLw4qkw
>
>> I will repeat. This four hour show is a must see. I have both parts
>> saved to my DVR and will watch it again and again. One big love fest
>> and really refreshing to watch although kind of sad when you think
>> about it that unless the youngsters pick up the slack rock and roll as
>> we know it will be dead in a decade or two. ;-(
>
> Yeah, I gotta see that.

I have a pair of ticket for a show in Montreal in february with Eric
Clapton and Jeff Beck, I sure hope Tal will be there, that would be icing
on then cake!
From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > Here Tal and Beck on the same bass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDgkbLw4qkw

>Watch it to the end. ;)

I used to cover that song a long time ago. Cool!

Beck has not been using a pick for ages now.