From: Ira Solomon on
Since I switched to Win 7 Outllook has bugged me by making noises. I
looked it up and followed the instructions to uncheck a few boxes
under options. I don't get a noise for new messages, but I get a noise
when I open an email. What arcane checkbox am I missing?
Thanks.
From: Ira Solomon on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:29:51 +0100, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:

>What kind of noises?
>Does it happen in other Office applications as well?
>Did you perhaps install the Office Sounds pack?
>Do you perhaps enabled "Provide feedback with sound?
>Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options...

The sound is sort of short and ugly.
No, not in Wword.
A box came up asking if I would like to go to the website and download
the Office Sounds pack. I didn't go there.
I diasbled "Provide feedback with sound"
I also disabled "Play a sound"
I'm geting the noise when I open an email.
I've tried running as admin to no use. I am the only user and I've
been using Outlook since the day it came out.

One thought is to copy the PST file, unistall it and then reinstall
and then copy PST back, but if the flags for sound are in the PST it
would be a failure.
From: Ira Solomon on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:29:51 +0100, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:

>What kind of noises?
>Does it happen in other Office applications as well?
>Did you perhaps install the Office Sounds pack?
>Do you perhaps enabled "Provide feedback with sound?
>Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options...
Ugly noise.
No other place.
I saw a popup suggesting that I download the Sounds Pack, but I didn't
I disabled Provide Feedback.
I'm only getting it now when I open an email.
Thanks for looking.