From: Ken on
I have been looking online for a source for small quantities (about 4 oz
or so) of OEM Canon inks with which to refill my CLI-8 cartridges.
Does anyone know of a source?

(I have heard that using non-OEM inks is risky--is that people's
experience?)

Thanks
Ken K
From: Yianni on
> I have been looking online for a source for small quantities (about 4 oz
> or so) of OEM Canon inks with which to refill my CLI-8 cartridges. Does
> anyone know of a source?

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer
Canon manufatures its inks. So, OEM ink for Canon printers is the Canon ink.
And Canon doesn't sell in bulk quantities, Canon sells only cartridges. For
bulk ink you sould buy aftermarket inks.

From: Ron in NY on
Ken <Ken(a)charter.net> wrote:

>I have been looking online for a source for small quantities (about 4 oz
>or so) of OEM Canon inks with which to refill my CLI-8 cartridges.
>Does anyone know of a source?
>
>(I have heard that using non-OEM inks is risky--is that people's
>experience?)
>

>Thanks
>Ken K
I've been refilling my CLI-8 and PG-5 carts for almost 2 years already. You have
to reset the chip also when you refill the cartridge, or your printer will think
the cartridge is still empty. I bought a resetter on Ebay from RNB import &
export. It was shipped from Germany. It came with 5 bottles of ink, the
syringes, and a drill to get into the cart. So far---no problems. I also have
been using inks from MIS Associates for many years with no problems. In fact,
the inks that came with the chip resetter are almost finished and I have the MIS
inks here and ready to go. MIS also goes by the name of Ink Supply.

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
From: Ken on
On 3/20/2010 5:16 PM, Yianni wrote:
>> I have been looking online for a source for small quantities (about 4 oz
>> or so) of OEM Canon inks with which to refill my CLI-8 cartridges. Does
>> anyone know of a source?
>
> OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer
> Canon manufatures its inks. So, OEM ink for Canon printers is the Canon ink.
> And Canon doesn't sell in bulk quantities, Canon sells only cartridges. For
> bulk ink you sould buy aftermarket inks.

Do you have any recommendations for high-quality inks? Who are the best
manufacturers?
From: Ken on
On 3/21/2010 8:55 AM, Ron in NY wrote:
> Ken<Ken(a)charter.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been looking online for a source for small quantities (about 4 oz
>> or so) of OEM Canon inks with which to refill my CLI-8 cartridges.
>> Does anyone know of a source?
>>
>> (I have heard that using non-OEM inks is risky--is that people's
>> experience?)
>>

>> Thanks
>> Ken K
> I've been refilling my CLI-8 and PG-5 carts for almost 2 years already. You have
> to reset the chip also when you refill the cartridge, or your printer will think
> the cartridge is still empty. I bought a resetter on Ebay from RNB import&
> export. It was shipped from Germany. It came with 5 bottles of ink, the
> syringes, and a drill to get into the cart. So far---no problems. I also have
> been using inks from MIS Associates for many years with no problems. In fact,
> the inks that came with the chip resetter are almost finished and I have the MIS
> inks here and ready to go. MIS also goes by the name of Ink Supply.
>

> RON
> Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Gottcha. Ordered my chipsetter yesterday and found the Inksupply.com
website. It looks like their Premium inks are the MIS inks.

Perhaps you can answer a question for me. I have been looking at videos
about refilling and the process seems pretty straight-forward, although
I don't have any of the equipment yet. On the written instructions on
the inksupply.com
(http://www.inksupply.com/instructions/can_cli8_pgi5refill.pdf), they
state one should drill a small hole into the top of the sponge
compartment (page 3, #3 instruction), but if a vent is needed, why
wasn't one put there to begin with? Also, on a couple of youtube
videos, no one put a vent hole into that compartment.

Please tell me whether you do that and whether you have any other tips
(such as when I change from the Canon inks to theMIS inks, do I need to
change all of them at the same time to keep color relatively the same).

Thanks
Ken K