From: Andreas Mosmann on
Hi ng,

does anybody know a place, where I can find information about Oracle
Spatial functionality?
I like to learn something about these features and so I look for a
place, where I can find information or can ask other people using this.
I am also interested in tutorials or something like this.
Does anybody know, whether there are routing- functions available for
this?
Any experiences?

Thank you
Andreas

Interesting versions are Oracle 9,10 and 11
I learned something about spatial functionality of PostgreSQL and
PostGIS so it is not totally new for me.

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de
From: Andreas Mosmann on
Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 05.03.2010 in
<1267809068(a)user.newsoffice.de>:

> Hi ng,

> does anybody know a place, where I can find information about Oracle
> Spatial functionality?
> I like to learn something about these features and so I look for a
> place, where I can find information or can ask other people using this.
> I am also interested in tutorials or something like this.
> Does anybody know, whether there are routing- functions available for
> this?
> Any experiences?

> Thank you
> Andreas

> Interesting versions are Oracle 9,10 and 11
> I learned something about spatial functionality of PostgreSQL and
> PostGIS so it is not totally new for me.

Doesn't really know anybody anything about it or is this a mystery?

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de
From: joel garry on
On Mar 10, 9:12 am, Andreas Mosmann <mosm...(a)expires-31-03-2010.news-
group.org> wrote:
> Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 05.03.2010 in
> <1267809...(a)user.newsoffice.de>:
>
> > Hi ng,
> > does anybody know a place, where I can find information about Oracle
> > Spatial functionality?
> > I like to learn something about these features and so I look for a
> > place, where I can find information or can ask other people using this.
> > I am also interested in tutorials or something like this.
> > Does anybody know, whether there are routing- functions available for
> > this?
> > Any experiences?
> > Thank you
> > Andreas
> > Interesting versions are Oracle 9,10 and 11
> > I learned something about spatial functionality of PostgreSQL and
> > PostGIS so it is not totally new for me.
>
> Doesn't really know anybody anything about it or is this a mystery?
>
> --
> wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de

It's a mystery to me. Try
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hans+forbrich+spatial

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://iggyfernandez.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/dilbert-was-a-database-administrator-part-i/
From: Shakespeare on
Op 10-3-2010 18:29, joel garry schreef:
> On Mar 10, 9:12 am, Andreas Mosmann<mosm...(a)expires-31-03-2010.news-
> group.org> wrote:
>> Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 05.03.2010 in
>> <1267809...(a)user.newsoffice.de>:
>>
>>> Hi ng,
>>> does anybody know a place, where I can find information about Oracle
>>> Spatial functionality?
>>> I like to learn something about these features and so I look for a
>>> place, where I can find information or can ask other people using this.
>>> I am also interested in tutorials or something like this.
>>> Does anybody know, whether there are routing- functions available for
>>> this?
>>> Any experiences?
>>> Thank you
>>> Andreas
>>> Interesting versions are Oracle 9,10 and 11
>>> I learned something about spatial functionality of PostgreSQL and
>>> PostGIS so it is not totally new for me.
>>
>> Doesn't really know anybody anything about it or is this a mystery?
>>
>> --
>> wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann<bei> web<punkt> de
>
> It's a mystery to me. Try
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hans+forbrich+spatial
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://iggyfernandez.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/dilbert-was-a-database-administrator-part-i/

Or this one:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14255.pdf

Routing is described in Appendix C

Note that Oracle Spatial is licensed requires a license. Oracle Locator
is a subset of Spatial, without extra licensing. I don;t think routing
is a part of locator.

Shakespeare
From: Andreas Mosmann on
Shakespeare schrieb am 12.03.2010 in
<4b99f3da$0$22939$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl>:

> Op 10-3-2010 18:29, joel garry schreef:
>> On Mar 10, 9:12 am, Andreas Mosmann<mosm...(a)expires-31-03-2010.news-
>> group.org> wrote:
>>> Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 05.03.2010 in

>>> Doesn't really know anybody anything about it or is this a mystery?
>>>
>>> --
>>> wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann<bei> web<punkt> de
>>
>> It's a mystery to me. Try
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hans+forbrich+spatial
>>
>> jg
>> --
>> @home.com is bogus.
>> http://iggyfernandez.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/dilbert-was-a-database-administrator-part-i/
>>

> Or this one:

> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14255.pdf

> Routing is described in Appendix C

> Note that Oracle Spatial is licensed requires a license. Oracle Locator
> is a subset of Spatial, without extra licensing. I don;t think routing
> is a part of locator.

> Shakespeare
Seems to be a mytery.

Thank you for your hints, so I have to read 500 manual pages ...
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de