From: Graber on
Dear Epson scanner owner,

LaserSoft Imaging offers a special upgrade to SilverFast Ai with IT8
color calibration and free target set for EPSON Perfection Photo 3200,
4870, 4990 and V700 until May 15th.

For details: http://www.silverfast.com/show/epson-it8/en.html

Best Regards
Martin
From: Barry Watzman on
I find nothing unacceptable about that type of posting.

And I hereby revoke your self-appointment as board guardian.

From: Barry Watzman on
Nintey or more percent of the people who both would be eligible for this
offer and who would want will never even find out that it exists.

The poster was doing the members of this board a favor.

Everything he did was entirely appropriate to the purpose of this board.

"particularly notorious spammers" ..... this poster has made two posts
in the past 12 months on this board. Of which this post was one.

It doesn't even classify as "spam" unless it was posted by Lasersoft
(the entity offering and selling the upgrade). Even if that was the
case, it is STILL welcome. But there is no evidence that this WAS the case.

From: Graber on
On May 4, 10:33 pm, fotor...(a)gmx.de (Ralf R. Radermacher) wrote:
> Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOS...(a)neo.rr.com> wrote:
> > I find nothing unacceptable about that type of posting.
> > And I hereby revoke your self-appointment as board guardian.
>
> Nothing to do with board guardian. I simply take the liberty to speak
> out against some particularly notorious spammers when they show up. No
> more, no less.
>
> Ralf

Just google for "ralf radermacher silverfast" ...
you'll find Ralf's comments in very many discussions and topics
regarding SilverFast.
His statements are always very, very negative.

Ralf, maybe you hate SilverFast and love VueScan, and of course you
have all the rights to do so.
But, erm, who then is really spamming ?

Martin