From: Sparky on
Canon MP510 using PGI 5 and CLI 8 Carts

The black cartridge is giving me grief. On the default plain paper setting
only some of each line of characters is visible ( more missing than
present )

If I increase the Print Quality to HIGH , the printout is fine. The test
print ( grid ) has perhaps 1 or 2 broken lines. I've done a cleaning etc.

I'd like to remove all the carts and clean with Windex as I did with my
previous Canon ip3000.

My concern is that if I remove the carts to clean the print head , will they
be recognized again by the printer as full ( or half full ) when I put them
back , or do I run the risk of having them tagged as empty ?

Many Thanks

From: Sparky on
Hello Art

Once again , thank you for your reply, I'll let you know.

If I remember correctly , once a cart has been tagged as empty THAT'S when
problems can occur..

I hope I'm right !

From: Sparky on
Happy to report the clog is history , and carts recognized !

Happy Printer once again...