From: jodleren on
On Mar 5, 1:37 pm, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2:51 am, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 4, 1:31 pm, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
>
> > snip
>
> > > I use Borland Database Explorer, and using
> > > alter system set timed_statistics=true
> > > then
>
> > >   ALTER SYSTEM SET
> > > EVENT='10046 trace name context forever, level 12'
> > > SCOPE=spfile;
>
> > Yeah that's kind of the starting point.  The idea is one approach is
> > to have a trigger look at all the new sessions  ( new connections )
> > and set the tracing for just the database session ( the odbc work )
> > that you want to get traced.
>
> > Do you have permission from IT management for what you are trying to
> > do?
>
> > If the DBA is dead are there other people in your organization that
> > might be useful in helping you get the information that you need?
>
> > At your experience level you really want to figure out how to get this
> > type of stuff done on a test system first ... please.
>
> I am on a test system, and I am the only user - besides test-intranet.
> And I can see 2 users, me and the storage programme. I have got all
> possible permitions possible and can access it all.
> I also see that it is not borland, but that does not stop me from
> reading it. I understand it.
>
> But let me return to my problem: I can get tracing from my database
> explorer, but not from my storage programme... why?

I have version 9.2, so dbmssupp.sql is not an option for me.
But, this should be:

create or replace trigger set_trace after logon on database
begin
if user not in ('SYS','SYSTEM') then
execute immediate 'alter session set timed_statistics=true';
execute immediate 'alter session set max_dump_file_size=unlimited';
execute immediate 'alter session set sql_trace=true';
end if;
exception
when others then
null;
end;
/

it works, but the log files states "ORA-04098: trigger
'WISE.SET_TRACE' is invalid and failed re-validation"

but then this - using svrmgrl.exe - but I dont have that file...

oradebug set ospid 3048
oradebug set event '10046 trace name context forever, level 12'

then what can I do?

WBR
Sonnich
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 03:37:51 -0800, jodleren wrote:

> But let me return to my problem: I can get tracing from my database
> explorer, but not from my storage programme... why?

The answer to that question depends on the error message you're getting
when you try to do that.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: jodleren on
On Mar 5, 5:42 pm, Mladen Gogala <n...(a)email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 03:37:51 -0800, jodleren wrote:
> > But let me return to my problem: I can get tracing from my database
> > explorer, but not from my storage programme... why?
>
> The answer to that question depends on the error message you're getting
> when you try to do that.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

That was:

*** 2010-03-05 13:59:31.268
*** SESSION ID:(17.16450) 2010-03-05 13:59:31.268
Skipped error 4098 during the execution of WISE.SET_TRACE
*** 2010-03-05 13:59:31.268
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-04098: trigger 'WISE.SET_TRACE' is invalid and failed re-
validation

which really does not explain much...

I also found an tried this:

create or replace trigger wise.sql_trc
after logon
on wise.schema
begin
execute immediate 'alter session set sql_trace=true';
end;
/

Here the report is:

*** SESSION ID:(9.32137) 2010-03-05 18:02:42.781
Skipped error 604 during the execution of WISE.SQL_TRC
*** 2010-03-05 18:02:42.781
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at line 2

- I am the admin of the DB, so I wonder what else I have to do...

WBR
Sonnich
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:11:13 -0800, jodleren wrote:

> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

If I was out and could respond to usenet messages, what would the above
line suggest to you?

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: jodleren on
On Mar 5, 6:13 pm, Mladen Gogala <n...(a)email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:11:13 -0800, jodleren wrote:
> > ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> If I was out and could respond to usenet messages, what would the above
> line suggest to you?

Good question - that I have to set that somewhere. I already tracked
the net to find it, but without luck :)
I could be for that user at that time too - or me setting it up.
Still, I cannot find which privileges or where to set them,

See the problem is that I am searching for something for which I do
not (yet) know the right words - that makes it a bit hard. Like
someone in a previous dicussion suggested svrmgrl - it took some time
for me to figure that is an exe file, which I do have anyway.

Sonnich
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: SELECT in problem