From: jodleren on
Hi all

We have a management programme, which uses Oracle DB.
We (I) also make some intranet stuff etc for this system, which uses
the same DB.

Now I need to track what this programme does, meaning I want to know
which tables it uses etc for certain actions. The programme is not
made by us, we just have our own additions.
Therefore I need to copy some of that action.

Is there a spy that can give me that?
The programme uses ODBC. My driver is 10.2. I dont know about the DB
version.

WBR
Sonnich
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 06:51:32 -0800, jodleren wrote:

> Hi all
>
> We have a management programme, which uses Oracle DB. We (I) also make
> some intranet stuff etc for this system, which uses the same DB.
>
> Now I need to track what this programme does, meaning I want to know
> which tables it uses etc for certain actions. The programme is not made
> by us, we just have our own additions. Therefore I need to copy some of
> that action.
>
> Is there a spy that can give me that? The programme uses ODBC. My driver
> is 10.2. I dont know about the DB version.
>
> WBR
> Sonnich

The name is 10046. James 10046. Set up the trace using either
DBMS_MONITOR, DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_EV or DBMS_SUPPORT.START_TRACE_IN_SESSION
and then analyze it using tkprof, trca, orasrp or Hotsos profiler. That
should tell you everything you should now, and more.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 3, 9:51 am, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:

snip

> Hi all
>
> We have a management programme, which uses Oracle DB.
> We (I) also make some intranet stuff etc for this system, which uses
> the same DB.
>
> Now I need to track what this programme does, meaning I want to know
> which tables it uses etc for certain actions. The programme is not
> made by us, we just have our own additions.
> Therefore I need to copy some of that action.
>
> Is there a spy that can give me that?
> The programme uses ODBC. My driver is 10.2. I dont know about the DB
> version.
>
> WBR
> Sonnich

You can set an after login database trigger and activate low level
tracing if needed.

The trace files can get very big and you don't want to do this for
many sessions probably.

Google around for things like "oracle database login trigger" and/or
"10046 trace" ... proceed cautiously and test out everything in a test
environment before even thinking about possibly doing this in a live
prod environment.

Have you talked to your DBA's about the information that you need?
From: jodleren on
On Mar 3, 6:25 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 9:51 am, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
>
> snip
>

> > Hi all
>
> > We have a management programme, which uses Oracle DB.
> > We (I) also make some intranet stuff etc for this system, which uses
> > the same DB.
>
> > Now I need to track what this programme does, meaning I want to know
> > which tables it uses etc for certain actions. The programme is not
> > made by us, we just have our own additions.
> > Therefore I need to copy some of that action.
>
> > Is there a spy that can give me that?
> > The programme uses ODBC. My driver is 10.2. I dont know about the DB
> > version.
>
> > WBR
> > Sonnich
>
> You can set an after login database trigger and activate low level
> tracing if needed.
>
> The trace files can get very big and you don't want to do this for
> many sessions probably.
>
> Google around for things like "oracle database login trigger" and/or
> "10046 trace" ... proceed cautiously and test out everything in a test
> environment before even thinking about possibly doing this in a live
> prod environment.
>
> Have you talked to your DBA's about the information that you need?

The DBA is long time dead :) And I do not know that much about Oracle
yet.
We have a test DB where I can play, I will check it out.

Sonnich
From: jodleren on
On Mar 3, 6:40 pm, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 6:25 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 3, 9:51 am, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
>
> > snip
>
> > > Hi all
>
> > > We have a management programme, which uses Oracle DB.
> > > We (I) also make some intranet stuff etc for this system, which uses
> > > the same DB.
>
> > > Now I need to track what this programme does, meaning I want to know
> > > which tables it uses etc for certain actions. The programme is not
> > > made by us, we just have our own additions.
> > > Therefore I need to copy some of that action.
>
> > > Is there a spy that can give me that?
> > > The programme uses ODBC. My driver is 10.2. I dont know about the DB
> > > version.
>
> > > WBR
> > > Sonnich
>
> > You can set an after login database trigger and activate low level
> > tracing if needed.
>
> > The trace files can get very big and you don't want to do this for
> > many sessions probably.
>
> > Google around for things like "oracle database login trigger" and/or
> > "10046 trace" ... proceed cautiously and test out everything in a test
> > environment before even thinking about possibly doing this in a live
> > prod environment.
>
> > Have you talked to your DBA's about the information that you need?
>
> The DBA is long time dead :) And I do not know that much about Oracle
> yet.
> We have a test DB where I can play, I will check it out.
>
> Sonnich

Can Toad (Free) do it?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4