Next: RGSS
From: Logan Capaldo on
Lately I've been playing around with Squeak (http://www.squeak.org/),
and I was wondering wouldn't be cool if ruby could have a similiar
environment. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

From: Caio Tiago Oliveira on
Logan Capaldo, 8/2/2005 00:45:
> Lately I've been playing around with Squeak (http://www.squeak.org/),
> and I was wondering wouldn't be cool if ruby could have a similiar
> environment. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

Yes. But Ruby is yet a lot imature for this.
At least we can try to make something like the worksspace (that's cool).

From: Alexander Kellett on
On Feb 8, 2005, at 4:59 AM, Caio Tiago Oliveira wrote:
> Logan Capaldo, 8/2/2005 00:45:
>> Lately I've been playing around with Squeak (http://www.squeak.org/),
>> and I was wondering wouldn't be cool if ruby could have a similiar
>> environment. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?
>
> Yes. But Ruby is yet a lot imature for this.
> At least we can try to make something like the worksspace (that's
> cool).

immature? in what sense?
thats troll talk. you should take the time to rephrase :)

Alex

From: gabriele renzi on
Alexander Kellett ha scritto:

>> Yes. But Ruby is yet a lot imature for this.
>> At least we can try to make something like the worksspace (that's cool).
>

> immature? in what sense?
> thats troll talk. you should take the time to rephrase :)

maybe he meant that we do not have, yet, a rubyish standard gui[1] or
audio engine, and that our engine is much slower than Squeak's.
Maybe it could be more interesting to hack a ruby interface *for* squeak
instead of reinventing the wheel :)

[1]
well, I think TkRuby should be that, but people seem to dislike it no
matter how many cool things hidetoshi nagai put in it (html support,
graph support, theme engines..). Anyway we can hope that ruby/wise get
some more work or that MorphR appear :)
From: Alexander Kellett on
On Feb 8, 2005, at 10:50 AM, gabriele renzi wrote:
> maybe he meant that we do not have, yet, a rubyish standard gui[1] or
> audio engine, and that our engine is much slower than Squeak's.
> Maybe it could be more interesting to hack a ruby interface *for*
> squeak instead of reinventing the wheel :)

i can't stand squeak personally
though it has some useful tools.

i'll try and do a rpa/gem for qtruby4
whenever its out. maybe then we'll have
an easy to install cross platform gui
then we can actually make a good class
browser :)

> [1]
> well, I think TkRuby should be that, but people seem to dislike it no
> matter how many cool things hidetoshi nagai put in it (html support,
> graph support, theme engines..). Anyway we can hope that ruby/wise get
> some more work or that MorphR appear :)

does it look pretty now? if so. screenies?

Alex

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Next: RGSS